{possible book spoilers} Arstan Whitebeard

irishking44

I thought we would have seen Barristan the bold as in disguise (with or without Strong Belwas) at the end of last season in Qarth and in the drogon clip from the last trailer we still see only Ser Jorah with Dany on the ship.

Is anyone else worried that they might just have Jorah do everything instead of bringing Barristan back? I just ask because I haven't heard anything of the character or actor returning and he's absent from the end of last season and any clips we've seen so far this season, especially with the logistics issues it would pose in later seasons (ADWD)

• 3 weeks later...

Why wouldn't it work? the avarage viewers already forgot who ser barristan is, and only know its him when he says it. Only the die hard fans will know. And don't forget that he has a beard, so you don't recognize him, and he can easily change his voice (he has a beard that helps a bit).

It works if they don't try to fool the viewers. There are good reasons in-story for him hiding his identity, which will no doubt be revealed by season's end. The trick is to acknowledge that viewers won't be fooled by the disguise as readers were, but still have them question his motives (which do, in fact, look pretty shady from the outside).

I too think that most non book readers have probably forgotten him by now. Maybe the producers will have Ser Jorah look at him all squinty eyed and ask him "don't i know you from somewhere?" For the Unsullied on TWOP that would be more than enough ...

I too think that most non book readers have probably forgotten him by now.

I'm not so sure. Before I read the books, I had always liked him and wondered through season 2, 'where's that guy that owned Joffrey?'

And my non book reading friends liked him too. His scene throwing down him armour etc was awesome

Archived