The Most Annoying Phrase

Jaime FTW

"I dreamed that I was old."

It's just not that dramatic to me, and it irks me when people rank it over my own favorites. I would have said 'Where do whores go' is the worst, but Tyrion asking that of the laundry line made it better.

All I was saying is that all the people who keep saying they hate Dany on this thread just happen to be Males. I'm sure its a coincidence.

I'm a female and she's at the top of my list of least-liked living characters. But I love many other females so I don't have a hate on for strong women! Arya, Meera, Val, Maege and Brienne are my beloved heroes! :fencing:

OP,

Like so many others, I hate hearing," Where do whores go?" It isn't the repetition that annoys the shit out of me, it's that Tyrion is insulting Tysha each time he says it!

Melisandre's constant use of "Lord of Light" drives me CRAZY!

I always hate it when Asha says "This is my husband, and here's my suckling babe." It might have been funny if she said it once but the joke gets old really quickly.

I also hate Dany's little girl facade and Tyrion's obsession about where whores go. They go wherever they want to go..

I love "it is known" though, it just sounds funny in my head

Woah, guess I ruffled a few feathers here. My bad, it was stupid of me to say any man could be intimidated by a strong female like Dany. That could never happen. It is completely out of the realm of possibility.

The whole freakin story is basically about her families return to power with her at the mast of the ship.

she is a great character!! and if ppl are posting that they hate her then I conclude that those ppl are men and can't stand a powerful woman character.

Notice the difference between the two? One concludes that people that dislike Daenerys

are men and can't stand a powerful woman character.
Not
any man could be intimidated by a strong female

See the difference? Your original post alludes that

ppl
who dislike Daenerys are both male, and hate powerful women, while your second point is completely different, and only defensive to your prior stereotype.

A man could be intimidated by a strong woman, definately, but he could also not be. A woman can also hate Daenerys, as many women have posted.

That statement is not offensive just to men, but to women as well. As if because they find any qualm with Daenerys, they have to think like sexist men.

And like I said, so far I have not seen any females saying that, only men.

I am also a female and I listed every one of Dany's phrases.

Anyway, I haven't seen this kind of argumens in the boards for a while now. I even thought we were over this Dany dislike=women hater arguments. What's next Dany dislike= pro slavery? Those were also rather popular a while back.

"I dreamed that I was old."

It's just not that dramatic to me, and it irks me when people rank it over my own favorites. I would have said 'Where do whores go' is the worst, but Tyrion asking that of the laundry line made it better.

I didn't think it was dramatic, I just thought it was really super sad. He's in the grip of Alzheimers or dementia and the loss of his memory depresses me =(

All of them. There not annoying in the books, but its gets annoying when people here, on Youtube, in real life etc start using them. For example: Aegon is fake, it is known.

The one I do find annoying in the book though "What is dead may never Die" and all this crap about the Iron Price because simply, I hate the Ironborn. Their just barbaric Viking with a sever lack of tactical, political and common sense. Except Euron, I guess.

Of all these phrases, the only one where I sense the hand of the writer behind it is this:

He/She/It is not wrong, suchandsuch thought.

It's a common phrase, and so it could be replaced easily with something like:

He is right, Tyrion thought. Or:

I agree with that, Tyrion thought. Or:

That could be.

He is not wrong. Hrumph.

All of them. There not annoying in the books, but its gets annoying when people here, on Youtube, in real life etc start using them. For example: Aegon is fake, it is known.

The one I do find annoying in the book though "What is dead may never Die" and all this crap about the Iron Price because simply, I hate the Ironborn. Their just barbaric Viking with a sever lack of tactical, political and common sense. Except Euron, I guess.

Exactly. Once I reread books I was surprised that all of the "overused" phrases weren't used that much. Except here on the forums, that is.

B. Stuff That If Other Characters Say All The Time That Nobody Has a Problem With: For Starters Dany is actually Blood of the Dragon and does have 3 dragons who follow her around. That seems important. She also has to act like Royalty toa certain degree or people will walk all over her (there are plenty of examples of them doing this anyway and this is partially what dooms Robb). The Seven Kingdoms "are mine" she says no more than Stannis, Renly etc.

These things annoy me because I am not a Targaryen supporter. So when Stannis says he is the king I don't mind because I'm more inclined to agree with him than with Dany. When Danys says it I see as petulance and entitlement because she wants to rule a place she never even met.

Archived