Darkstar theories

Dunk tha Lunk

Has anyone considered that Darkstar could be the child of Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne? Feasibly, he could have left the child at High Hermitage because he would pass near it on his way back north to Winterfell. I think this is a huge possibility if you all follow the R+L=J theory.

I think that it's possible in its logistics but I don't think it's likely that GRRM would reveal R+L=J (which I have a hard time NOT believing, at this point) only to reveal that Ned in fact had another bastard. I just think it's too "soap opera-y" for lack of a better term.

I like the idea though. It's possible that Darkstar could be the son of Ashara Dayne and Brandon Stark, since I'm pretty sure it's still unknown which of the Stark brothers was with her.

I like the idea though. It's possible that Darkstar could be the son of Ashara Dayne and Brandon Stark, since I'm pretty sure it's still unknown which of the Stark brothers was with her.

The app states that Darkstar is in his late 20s. He is too old to be Asahra's son with either of the Starks.

I think that it's possible in its logistics but I don't think it's likely that GRRM would reveal R+L=J (which I have a hard time NOT believing, at this point) only to reveal that Ned in fact had another bastard. I just think it's too "soap opera-y" for lack of a better term.

I like the idea of Darkstar being Brandon's child and not Ned's. This would help explain his decision to not raise the child. I just find this theory interesting because it would be another combination of "ice" (Stark) and "fire" (Dayne) bloodlines. The Daynes obviously have a substantial amount of Valyrian blood given their features. Darkstar could possibly be more pivotal than we think.

I like the idea of Darkstar being Brandon's child and not Ned's. This would help explain his decision to not raise the child. I just find this theory interesting because it would be another combination of "ice" (Stark) and "fire" (Dayne) bloodlines. The Daynes obviously have a substantial amount of Valyrian blood given their features. Darkstar could possibly be more pivotal than we think.

Again. GRRM said that they don't.

The app states that Darkstar is in his late 20s. He is too old to be Asahra's son with either of the Starks.

What app are you guys referring to? Is the information taken directly from GRRM himself? If so, then this completely debunks my theory. However, if it doesn't come from an interview or discussion with GRRM, I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

What app are you guys referring to? Is the information taken directly from GRRM himself? If so, then this completely debunks my theory. However, if it doesn't come from an interview or discussion with GRRM, I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

The World of Ice and Fire app. It's the nearest thing to canon.

Hmmm. Where do their features come from then? I just always assumed that these were Valyrian features. Forgive my insolence :frown5:

They don't have Valyrian features, they have purple eyes.

What he said:

I would have to consult my notes to tell you the Dayne arms. Offhand I don't recall. As for the violet eyes . . . look, Elizabeth Taylor has violet eyes, and she's not of Valyrian descent (that I know). Nor is she related to Aegon the Conquerer. Many Swedes have blue eyes, but not all those with blue eyes are Swedes, and not all Swedes have blue eyes. The same confusions exist in the 7 Kingdoms.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001005212114/eventhorizon.com/sfzine/chats/transcripts/031899.html

My personal theory is that House Dayne are the ancestors of the Valyrians.

Where does it say he was killed by Howland Reed?

Ned states that he and Howland Reed were the only survivors from ToJ, and that if it were not for Howland, Arthur Dayne would have killed him (Ned). So, Howland played a role in Arthur's death, but maybe he didn't outright kill him. Maybe he, like, distracted him. Or threw a swamp lizard at him. Who knows?

(Howland Reed, that's who.)

I just wish I would have seen him in a scene with Oberyn. By the gods, I miss the Red Viper.

Darkstar has been set up by Dorne and getting ready to kick some butt. Wondering if he will eventually become Arya's revenge buddy? Maybe he's Dracula? I don't know, I like Darkstar even if he borderlines on the theatrical sometimes.

He is Aegon VI that was taken and protected in Dorne since the Rebellion. Rhaegar changed his name to his two most loyal Kingsguard: Lord Commander Ser Gerold Hightower and his Grace's close friend, Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. Gerold Dayne was not safe in Starfall, with a lot of people knowing Rhaegar and Arthur Dayne were close friends. So they decided to sent him to the Daynes in High Hermitage where no one would think to look. They passed him off as Arthur Dayne's (legitimized) bastard and ask the Daynes of High Hermitage to foster him

He is Aegon VI that was taken and protected in Dorne since the Rebellion. Rhaegar changed his name to his two most loyal Kingsguard: Lord Commander Ser Gerold Hightower and his Grace's close friend, Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. Gerold Dayne was not safe in Starfall, with a lot of people knowing Rhaegar and Arthur Dayne were close friends. So they decided to sent him to the Daynes in High Hermitage where no one would think to look. They passed him off as Arthur Dayne's (legitimized) bastard and ask the Daynes of High Hermitage to foster him

Darkstar is way to old to be Aegon and if he was a bastard he would be a Sand not a Dayne.

Archived