Darkstar theories

Dunk tha Lunk

I don't know if he will kill Obara, but it looks like Doran will send him to the Wall.

SPOILER (I think)

He sent balon swann and obara to kill darkstar. I think he also sent areo but I quickly checked the wiki and it didn't say so :dunno:.

If it it Obara and Balon, they're both dead.

SPOILER (I think)

He sent balon swann and obara to kill darkstar. I think he also sent areo but I quickly checked the wiki and it didn't say so :dunno:.

If it it Obara and Balon, they're both dead.

I think Darkstar's lack of skill with a sword is related to what he witnessed at the tower of joy. And certainly his confrontation with Balon Swann will be the right time to reveal that.

Balerion the Kitten, The wiki is wrong, Aero, Balon, Obara, and a dozen sunspear guards are heading to High Hermitage to "beard him in his den".

Marcel, what lack of skill with a sword? Daemon Sand doesn't even think Hotah can beat Darkstar in a fight, and he is repeatedly referred to as the most dangerous man in Dorne.

Darkstar is described as being in his 30's while Arthur would now be about 15 years older.

Darkstar is in his late twenties, but I don't get your point. I am not saying that Darkstar is Arthur.

Balerion the Kitten, The wiki is wrong, Aero, Balon, Obara, and a dozen sunspear guards are heading to High Hermitage to "beard him in his den".

Marcel, what lack of skill with a sword? Daemon Sand doesn't even think Hotah can beat Darkstar in a fight, and he is repeatedly referred to as the most dangerous man in Dorne.

There are people out there who think Darkstar is somehow unskilled because he failed to kill Myrcella. I don't agree with them, but perhaps swords are not his weapons of choice. If that is true, I have some bizarre theory to explain.

Someone made a thread about this after TWOIAF was published. He said that before Oberyn and Elia arrived to Casterly-Rock, they stopped at the Daynes, so Darkstar maybe is the son of Oberyn and a Dayne lady, this is why the silver hair with little black (yes I know not every Dayne has silver hair). I thought it seems to be a good idea.

However, in published Arianne chapter Daemon Sand tells Arianne that Darkstar is poison and Oberyn should have killed him. So coz of this I highly doubt that he is Oberyn's son.

Someone said that he is the most dangerous guy in Dorne if I remember well. I don't like to turn everybody into a Targaryen, but in my opinion Darkstar has to have some kind of connection with them. If one of his parents was trully a Targaryen, then describing him as "poison" would fit there, coz due to the Targaryens Elia Martell and her children were murdered and long before that they were in war with them, so the Targaryens are some kind of poison to Dorne. Also the "most dangerous" part could mean that he is heir to the throne.

So I think the options with the most potential are:

He is son of Rhaegar and probably a Dornish woman who's not Elia.

He is son of Queen Rhaella and Artur Dayne or Gerold Hightower.

There are people out there who think Darkstar is somehow unskilled because he failed to kill Myrcella. I don't agree with them, but perhaps swords are not his weapons of choice.

Agreed. He was in a rush and the horse moved. If he did kill her he would need to be prepared to ride as fast as he could.

Someone said that he is the most dangerous guy in Dorne if I remember well. I don't like to turn everybody into a Targaryen, but in my opinion Darkstar has to have some kind of connection with them. If one of his parents was trully a Targaryen, then describing him as "poison" would fit there, coz due to the Targaryens Elia Martell and her children were murdered and long before that they were in war with them, so the Targaryens are some kind of poison to Dorne. Also the "most dangerous" part could mean that he is heir to the throne.

Doran said that Darkstar is the most dangerous man in Dorne, so the simplest explanation is that Darkstar knows something that would crush Doran's plans, like what truly happened in a small tower close to Dayneland.

They're not that close in relation. Distant cousins at best

He is his friggin cousin. Says so when Mrycella asks him if he is the Sword of the Morning.

Has anyone considered that Darkstar could be the child of Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne? Feasibly, he could have left the child at High Hermitage because he would pass near it on his way back north to Winterfell.

I think this is a huge possibility if you all follow the R+L=J theory. He only went to Starfall after Arthur's death to return the Sword of the Morning to the Daynes of Starfall. Ashara has already given birth to her and Ned's child, and is possibly frail, so she dies from grief after 1) being told that her brother is dead and all the other deaths (she was close to Elia and Rhaegar) 2) being told that she can't be with Ned because he is promised to Catelyn Tully 3) being told that he can't be a father to their child because he promised his dying sister to protect and take care of her son (a Targaryen heir). The honorable Ned would stick to his guns about protecting his sister's child, and possibly wouldn't know about his child with Ashara until arriving in Starfall. The honorable Ned couldn't take TWO bastards home (I mean we saw how Catelyn was about one), and in sequential order, he promised Lyanna first. So after Ashara's death, he leaves the child with her family in High Hermitage.

Also, Darkstar is suspiciously similar to Stark, and the dark streak in his hair could be from his Stark lineage. Also, people could say that age is an issue, but I don't recall his age being explicitly mentioned in the books. However, I do know that Arianne considered him a peer, and we know that she's 22. He could easily be around Robb's age (Hell, people in Westeros seem to be older than they truly are). I know this is reaching. It just randomly came to me.

Edit: "Darkstar" = GRRM telling us "Dayne-Stark" I also don't think that Darkstar would be aware of his true lineage, but I'm not sure why it would be kept from him. This is so crackpot lol

No.

He is Aegon VI that was taken and protected in Dorne since the Rebellion. Rhaegar changed his name to his two most loyal Kingsguard: Lord Commander Ser Gerold Hightower and his Grace's close friend, Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. Gerold Dayne was not safe in Starfall, with a lot of people knowing Rhaegar and Arthur Dayne were close friends. So they decided to sent him to the Daynes in High Hermitage where no one would think to look. They passed him off as Arthur Dayne's (legitimized) bastard and ask the Daynes of High Hermitage to foster him

I have seen a theory that says Darkstar may actually be Viserys, and that they are about the same age. The theory goes that when Doran made the pact to marry Arianne to Viserys, he was smuggled to Dorne and replaced with someone who resembled VIserys. Dany would never have known, since she was so young. This would explain why he always had good things to say about home when everyone knew had bat shit bonker dick their dad was.

Either way, I think Darkstar may in fact have some sort of Targ ancestry (possibly Blackfyre), which really would make him the most dangerous man in Dorne

He is his friggin cousin. Says so when Mrycella asks him if he is the Sword of the Morning.

No.

I have seen a theory that says Darkstar may actually be Viserys, and that they are about the same age. The theory goes that when Doran made the pact to marry Arianne to Viserys, he was smuggled to Dorne and replaced with someone who resembled VIserys. Dany would never have known, since she was so young. This would explain why he always had good things to say about home when everyone knew had bat shit bonker dick their dad was.

Either way, I think Darkstar may in fact have some sort of Targ ancestry (possibly Blackfyre), which really would make him the most dangerous man in Dorne

And I have a theory that he is the former apprentice of Howland Reed. And it explains everything about him.

Thank goodness for that! I thought perhaps I'd dreamt it.

I remember him saying this in a thread I think was on the World Book Subforum. And I was trying to find it in order to show someone the quote. As a way to squash the absurd Darkstar = Insert random crackpot child of someone significant theory here.

I was begining to think I dreamt it!

No, his answer is definitely here, somewhere. You didn't dream it. I dunno if he has seen the Dayne family tree, but he sounded sure of it.

Nice touch. IF he is in his twenties, and born in 270 AC like the wiki says, he would have been 13 at the time of the rebellion. Well played.

And before someone point it out, let me say: Yes, if Darkstar knows about Jon, so does Doran. Doran knows too much, that's why he can't act and he keeps planning. He knows so much that he is unable to focus. His problem is not the gout, it's the bloat.

I've read tons of theories about Darkstar on this forum, including:

• Darkstar is Aegon (or babyswaped with one)

Darkstar is Ned's son (or babyswaped with one)

Darkstar is Lyanna's and Rhaegar's son (or babyswaped with one)

Darkstar is Arthur Dayne

Darkstar is Rhaegar

and none of them make any sense to me.

I've read a theory somewhere that Darkstar = true Viserys. Was already discussed on this forum?

I've read a theory somewhere that Darkstar = true Viserys. Was already discussed on this forum?

I think yes, it was. But personally I think he can't be Viserys, coz if I remember well then Dany remembered in her chapters that Viserys sometimes was talking to her about King's Landing and stuffs and I think Darkstar being Viserys would be a "too large thing", coz there are only 2 books left and Darkstar was only in a few chapters, and it would mean that Dany didn't even know her brother.

Nice touch. IF he is in his twenties, and born in 270 AC like the wiki says, he would have been 13 at the time of the rebellion. Well played.

I think we will discober the truth from a Balon Swann POV (TWoW Epilogue). Of course GRRM would tell in a much better style, but in broad lines I believe will be this:

Ser Balon shouted - Mayhaps you are a Dayne, but you do not have half of your cousin's honor. And a pinch of his skill.

Darkstar remained indifferent - You are very generous, Ser. The truth is that I don't have a pinch of the honor of my good cousin. But skill, mine and his, you know nothing Ser.

Ser Balon looked perplexed. Darkstar would be no more than a page when Ser Arthur died. How would he know? But his protests sounded almost as a whisper.

Darkstar seemed to feel such doubts.

I was there, the most important fight of his life - the last one. Want to know how the great Arthur Dayne fell ? It's not a long story.

He hesitated. Balon had heard several times. Lord Stark had defeated Ser Arthur Dayne in single combat. But he never heard the details. There were no songs. What this arrogant jerk would know?

It's something I want to tell for a long time. Everytime someone has asked me about my cousin. I almost told the Lanninster girl, but I restrained myself and told a bad joke instead. But I was there that night.

When I looked the first time, I thought - the Northerners will not pass. The greatest knights of the seven kingdoms wouldn't be defeated by that merryband. And I was almost right - the Northerners fought bravely, I concede, but one by one they fell, although the same can be said about Ser Hightower and Ser Whent. In the end, only Lord Stark remained, wounded and cornered, to face Dayne. Dayne and Dawn. It was then, at the last moment, that for the first time,

I noticed Lord Stark's squire. He was small for a boy, but looked too old - and was too well proportioned to be a dwarf.

The fight ended as soon as it began. All I remember was the great Ser Arthur Dayne, our Sword of the Morning, on the floor, under a net, writhing with a spear in the belly. Must have been the largest fish ever caught in Dorne. Gerold laughed hysterically.

Ser Balon could not believe it. Screaming "Liar", he drew his sword and rushed towards Darkstar. Gerold did not unsheathe a sword - he had a net and a frog spear.

People are not asking the right questions. Why would a random Dayne maim marcella. Why was darkstar so angry when somebody mentioned beware of vipers. Why all the references to dragons and his purple eyes. Its obvious to me he is the midnight flight from dragonstone viserys. The real one. The truth is nobody would allow the real last male targ be a beggar. The targs still has friends and allies even though Robert won. But who will ake the risk of hiding a Targ? The grass that hides the snake. Why when Arriane was thinking on the marriage pact darkstar pops up.

Archived