Does Tyrion have any bastards around?

hollowcrown

This is fascinating, but I'm soooo off-topic now. I still basically think that the marriage ceremony between Tyrion and Tysha was performed under unacceptable circumstances, so it was never a real marriage to begin with, no annulment needed, possible child(ren) baseborn.

As I said, that doesn't work. Unacceptable circumstances may be an argument in the annulment, but the marriage was and still is legal unless the High Septon or a Council of Faith declare it invalid and annulled.

As I said, that doesn't work. Unacceptable circumstances may be an argument in the annulment, but the marriage was and still is legal unless the High Septon or a Council of Faith declare it invalid and annulled.

Ah, I guess in this regard we will need to remain in the opposite sides of the ring. :box: But all in all this has been a most fascinating topic to discuss! I'm hoping the future books will give us more information on the in-world legalities. Perhaps the next companion book should be the legal code of Westeros... :D

• 6 months later...

He had needed her, Tyrion realized afterward, as she lay quietly in his arms. Her or someone like her. It had been nigh on a year since he’d lain with a woman, since before he had set out for Winterfell in company with his brother and King Robert.

George R. R. Martin. A Game Of Thrones (Kindle Locations 12172-12174). Random House Publishing Group.

I even left in the citation for those of you reading on Kindle, or Tyrion VIII for those who are not.

To me the fact that he "needed" her implies to me that he was not used to going quite so long without sex. Meaning that he had whores quite frequently.

"...Be certain that you tell her who I am, and warn her of what I am.” Jyck had not always troubled to do that. There was a look the girls got in their eyes sometimes when they first beheld the lordling they’d been hired to pleasure … a look that Tyrion Lannister did not ever care to see again.

George R. R. Martin. A Game Of Thrones (Kindle Locations 12154-12156). Random House Publishing Group.

This is also in Tyrion VIII

This is more evidence for Tyrion having laid with whores frequently, although not frequently the same whore repeatedly. The fact that this happened to him so often apparently even though Jyck did not neglect to mention Tyrion's dwarfism every time suggests that he frequently laid with whores.

Another thing is these are POVS. It would be one thing for Tyrion to be lying about something in his words, or being an unreliable narrator for being mistaken about something that occurred, but I cannot picture Tyrion lying to himself in his own mind about the amount of women he's slept with. He has faced much harder things in his life (Tysha, his father's cruelty, his sister's cruelty, and so much more) that to lie about something so asinine to himself would be very uncharacteristic of him. As far as we know, Tyrion has always been honest in his thoughts, except in cases where he believed the lie to be truth (Tysha from the earlier books).

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrion doesn't whore around a lot in the books, that's more of a show thing. Before he buys Shae, he hadn't had sex for at least a year. And he is just twenty-three at that point.

He had about eight years to father bastards after Tysha and up to Game, where he sometimes whored. And whores are unlikely to keep children fathered by a dwarf instead of a king.

There may be some bastards floating around, but none that Tyrion knows of.

Actually the last year was spent

1. Traveling to winterfell

2. Visitor of Winterfell

3. Travelling to wall

4. Visitor of Night's Watch

5. Travelling to kings landing

6. A captive

7. Walking through the woods

He hadn't had sex for a year or so because he didn't get the chance. He might avoid random whores on the road due to fear of catching something. It's made pretty clear that he whored quite a lot in the 12-13 years between Game of Thrones and Tysha.

Archived