Does Tyrion have any bastards around?

hollowcrown

Tyrion whores around loads, like King Robert did. Robert had tons of bastards all across the Seven Kingdoms.

Any chance Tyrion got Tysha pregnant, or any of the other whores and women he enjoyed over the years? Is this likely to be a plot point?

Knowing Tyrion, is it likely he'd acknowledge his bastards, or try to block out the fact from his mind.

There might few floating about, but Whores usually abort any children they get by their clients.. Most of Roberts bastards were born from highborn mothers whom Robert had one-night stands with

No, I don't think you are right.

On topic:

Tyrion might catch STD early during his lifetime which made him infertile.

I don't think whore might abort only goldmine she might get in her life.

Tyrion whores around loads, like King Robert did. Robert had tons of bastards all across the Seven Kingdoms.

Any chance Tyrion got Tysha pregnant, or any of the other whores and women he enjoyed over the years? Is this likely to be a plot point?

Knowing Tyrion, is it likely he'd acknowledge his bastards, or try to block out the fact from his mind.

Depends on your take whether we met Tysha already or not. If you do buy into the theory that Tysha is the Sailor's Wife, her daughter Lanna would be a good candidate for Tyrion's daughter.

Since it seems unlikely the marriage was officially annulled, Lanna would probably even be legitimate - and with Tyrion being a convicted kingslayer and kinslayer on the run, she's actually the heir to Casterly Rock.

Tyrion doesn't whore around a lot in the books, that's more of a show thing. Before he buys Shae, he hadn't had sex for at least a year. And he is just twenty-three at that point.

He had about eight years to father bastards after Tysha and up to Game, where he sometimes whored. And whores are unlikely to keep children fathered by a dwarf instead of a king.

There may be some bastards floating around, but none that Tyrion knows of.

Only Edric Storm had a highborn mother but it is true that the majority of Roberts known bastards were not the children of whores. Mya Stones mother was (I think) a serving girl, Gendry's worked in an alehouse (admittedly that is per wiki) and he got twins on a serving woman at the Rock. These women may have have slept with other men, but perhaps not so often that they didn't have any doubt Robert was the father.

Of the two known children he had by whores, one was a virgin before he had her. Even if she had other customers after that increases the odds that when she found she was pregnant she would have worked out Robert was the only / most likely possible father and decided to keep it because the childs father would be a king. Only Bella of the Peach had a mother who was a working whore and may not have realised the child was probably Robert's until it was born with his looks. Maybe she was so taken with Robert she hoped the child would be his, or maybe her usual contraceptive methods failed.

I don't know if Tyrion hired girls to be exclusive before Shae. He was quick enough to sign her up for the girlfriend experience before he even knew her so maybe he had done that before. In that case the girls would know he was the father, but would be especially careful to avoid getting a dwarfs child, particularly if he shared that his father would not permit him to support a bastard. Any other whores he visited would not know a pregnancy was due to him specifically but would be taking the usual measures to avoid try and avoid pregnancies.

It is quite unlikely that a thirteen year old girl like Tysha can bring a pregnancy to term after having been raped by so many, she would likely suffer from serious infections and lesions. But then children have been born under the weirdest circumstances. And Martin does not always get the medical or genetic facts straight :) .

Though I doubt very much that Tywin would have left loose ends and let Tysha walk away alive if the marriage was not definitely annulled or invalid from the beginning, but we can only speculate here. And nothing except death could stop Tyrion from recognizing an illegitimate child later, so Lanna, if she were Tyrion's kid at all, could be heir. So it is not really important if the Tysha marriage is still valid. Though the sailor's wife may be one of those many red herrings in the story.

I would really want Tyrion to find some happiness but I am not so sure Tyrion and Tysha could ever get together since they for sure are completely different people by now - so many threads have been written about it.

Oh so Tyrion has a secret heir.

You know, I just realized how hilarious it would be if Tywin Lannister, who abused Tyrion his whole life on the excuse that he was obsessed with whoring (as his father Tytos had a mistress he adorned in his deceased wife's jewels), and then it turns out that the heir to Casterly Rock is really the daughter of a woman that Tywin marked as a whore.

You know, I just realized how hilarious it would be if Tywin Lannister, who abused Tyrion his whole life on the excuse that he was obsessed with whoring (as his father Tytos had a mistress he adorned in his deceased wife's jewels), and then it turns out that the heir to Casterly Rock is really the daughter of a woman that Tywin marked as a whore.

Jepp, that image of Tywin spinning in his grave is hilarious. But I doubt we'll find out the truth one way or the other. No more than whether Voggaro's whore is Tytos' mistress. There are some hints for it, but I expect GRRM to leave questions like this to speculation instead of writing something cheesy.

There is only one Lannister bastard who is acknowledged and there might be another one that we know of at the wall(sweet Donnel) who is not acknowledged. Not sure why Joy Hill is recognised but her singurlar nature kind of makes me think that Lannisters are not hot about bastards. So being a Lannister bastard, or even Tyrions bastard is about as useless as nipples on a breasplate.

Jepp, that image of Tywin spinning in his grave is hilarious. But I doubt we'll find out the truth one way or the other. No more than whether Voggaro's whore is Tytos' mistress. There are some hints for it, but I expect GRRM to leave questions like this to speculation instead of writing something cheesy.

Wait, where is that coming from?

No, I don't think you are right.

On topic:

Tyrion might catch STD early during his lifetime which made him infertile.

I don't think whore might abort only goldmine she might get in her life.

How would a whore prove that her child was Tyrions? And if Tywin stayed in character such a child would be killed to avoid blighting the Lannister name. Whores probably took a daily dose of moon tea, as a pregnancy would curtail business for too long.

The only "goldmine" a whore would have is the one she sits on.

Though I doubt very much that Tywin would have left loose ends and let Tysha walk away alive if the marriage was not definitely annulled or invalid from the beginning, but we can only speculate here.

Indeed, Tywin would never leave an unanulled wife alive. Tyrion remembers in ACoK:

After he was done with her, my father had the marriage undone. It was as if we had never been wed, the septons said".

Should Tysha have had a child and should that child be from Tyrion and not from one of the countless guardsmen, it would still count as a bastard in the eyes of the world as the marriage had been annulled (most likely on grounds of false pretense or something similar).

Wait, where is that coming from?

- she is fluent in the Common Tongue, without an accent

- she is of the right generation

- most importantly she shows a very emotional reaction to the name Lannister. On par with the Manderley-Frey reaction.

So, we have to look for a Westerosi woman sent or fled to Essos, who heavily suffered from the Lannisters 30-50 years ago. That would fit some Reyne or Tarbeck as well, but those are reportedly dead. To the extent of our knowledge, the only living woman to fit these criteria is Tytos' mistress.

Indeed, Tywin would never leave an unanulled wife alive. Tyrion remembers in ACoK:

Should Tysha have had a child and should that child be from Tyrion and not from one of the countless guardsmen, it would still count as a bastard in the eyes of the world as the marriage had been annulled (most likely on grounds of false pretense or something similar).

Problem: Only the High Septon or a Council of Faith can annull a marriage. And that didn't happen.

For some centuries, the HS was a "trained seal that barked prettily on command" and would never trouble the Lannisters over something like taking a shit on laws of the Faith, but the High Sparrow is different.

Problem: Only the High Septon or a Council of Faith can annull a marriage. And that didn't happen.

I understand the objection, but do we know that? I mean, Tywin as Hand should have the authority to promt a council to stamp a paper, and Tyrion does remember that the septons (plural) said the marriage was undone.

Edit: I also notice that the quotation that the HS or a council of faith is required refers to setting aside marriages for not having been consummated. Here, the grounds were more likely either that the marriage has been obtained by deception (under false pretense: "Tysha was a whore"), was not unreservedly entered ("Tysha didn't intend to marry, she was just acting") or the lack of parental permission (Tyrion was heavily underage then). I don't know whether the same conditions even apply for these procedings or not (and I believe it hasn't been spelled out) - all we know is that the septons declared the marriage not to have happened in the first place.

I understand the objection, but do we know that? I mean, Tywin as Hand should have the authority to promt a council to stamp a paper, and Tyrion does remember that the septons (plural) said the marriage was undone.

Edit: I also notice that the quotation that the HS or a council of faith is required refers to setting aside marriages for not having been consummated. Here, the grounds were more likely either that the marriage has been obtained by deception (under false pretense: "Tysha was a whore"), was not unreservedly entered ("Tysha didn't intend to marry, she was just acting") or the lack of parental permission (Tyrion was heavily underage then). I don't know whether the same conditions even apply for these procedings or not (and I believe it hasn't been spelled out) - all we know is that the septons declared the marriage not to have happened in the first place.

No, we don't. All we know is that Tywin said unspecified septons said. Whether these septons had the authority? Probably not. It would have been known to everybody otherwise.

Tywin swept it under the rug, but it's very, very doubtful he followed proper procedures according to the law of the Faith. For one instance, either husband or wife have to ask for the annulment in person. Tyrion didn't and I'm convinced Tysha didn't either.

Tywin used his influence for some shady dealings, but the High Sparrow doesn't approve of such matters and sticks to the law. That's coming back to bite the Lannisters.

Archived