Does Tyrion have any bastards around?

hollowcrown

Fun fact--some forms of dwarfism, including forms common in the middle ages, had a side effect of delaying puberty until around age 25.

But yes, he might have some.

Well he was tapping Tysha at approx age 16-19 so he seems to have been functional. Also the turtle soup and Cersei story (if it is in the books) is also proof.

There might few floating about, but Whores usually abort any children they get by their clients.. Most of Roberts bastards were born from highborn mothers whom Robert had one-night stands with

No, I think all whores want to have a king's bastard just to say they do. Cersei knew about Robert's and had them killed.

No, we don't. All we know is that Tywin said unspecified septons said. Whether these septons had the authority? Probably not. It would have been known to everybody otherwise.

Tywin swept it under the rug, but it's very, very doubtful he followed proper procedures according to the law of the Faith. For one instance, either husband or wife have to ask for the annulment in person. Tyrion didn't and I'm convinced Tysha didn't either.

Tywin used his influence for some shady dealings, but the High Sparrow doesn't approve of such matters and sticks to the law. That's coming back to bite the Lannisters.

If Littlefinger finds out, he could use this to argue that Tyrion's marriage to Sansa was never valid as Tyrion was already married, therefore she can legitimately marry Harry or himself without getting an annulment or Tyrion dying.

Wrong on so many different fronts and, well, kinda sick.

If you think it is sick, then you know why Tyrion should not be such a whoremonger as he is. Because, after all, this sort of thing can indeed happen. Of course, when one is guilty of murder, it seems silly to quibble over a little incest. The girl he murdered was certainly SOMEBODY'S daughter. It would be fitting if it were his own.

I hope you agree that murdering her was also "kinda sick", to say the least.

Lanna is not likely to be Tyrion's for the simple fact that after her experiences with the Lannisters, Tysha isn't likely to name her daughter after them.

Unless she still loved, or believed to love, Tyrion after the rape. Which, if you buy the prophecy about her, the Sailor's Wife still does - pine for a love that has died inside her.

ETA: I also love the option of a whore's daughter as heir to house Lannister. Tywin's in-tomb rotation could produce enough energy for all of KL :P

Unless she still loved, or believed to love, Tyrion after the rape. Which, if you buy the prophecy about her, the Sailor's Wife still does - pine for a love that has died inside her.

ETA: I also love the option of a whore's daughter as heir to house Lannister. Tywin's in-tomb rotation could produce enough energy for all of KL :P

That...is fucked up. Poor, poor Tysha, to have her beloved Tyrion participate in her humiliation.

The only thing that will satisfy me more than "Tywin Lannister did not shit gold" would Tysha spitting in Tyrion's face after he tries to reconcile with her.

I think Tyrion must have a bastard or 2 out there somewhere. He sleeps around a lot like Robert so I think he had to knock up at least 1 or 2 of the whores he was with. I don't buy that Lanka is his, most likely she's Gerion's. But it would be cool if some Tyrion bastard did show up.

I think Tyrion must have a bastard or 2 out there somewhere. He sleeps around a lot like Robert so I think he had to knock up at least 1 or 2 of the whores he was with. I don't buy that Lanka is his, most likely she's Gerion's. But it would be cool if some Tyrion bastard did show up.

I read somewhere that Tyrion's condition renders him infertile?

Besides otherwise, he's most likely passed on his dwarfism to his children.

Well, Robert Baratheon bedded just about any woman that would have him, and that was a lot of women. Noblewomen, serving girls, merchants' daughters, and yes, whores. Most of Robert's bastards, that we know about, were not fathered on whores. Mya was the daughter of a serving girl at the Eyrie. Gendry was the son of a tavern wench. Edric Storm was the son of a noblewoman of House Florrent. Apparently, Robert had two twin bastards in Lannisport on a serving girl. The two whores that we know gave birth to Robert's bastards were both very fond of the man.

In contrast, the only woman that Tyrion bedded who wasn't a whore was Tysha. So, it is possible that Tysha is still somewhere (I personally hope she used the money as a dowry and married a blacksmith or something, has half a dozen kids, and has moved on and found happiness, but that is another topic). But ignoring her for the time being, it is unlikely he has any bastards from the other women he has slept with. They were whores who undoubtedly knew about Westerosi contraceptives, and I doubt Tyrion gave them any reason to love him beyond his money. There would always be the fear that their child would be a dwarf as well.

I read somewhere that Tyrion's condition renders him infertile?

Besides otherwise, he's most likely passed on his dwarfism to his children.

It's a possibility he's infertile, but I doubt it. Twin and everyone else doesn't seem to question if he'll be able to knock up Sansa afterall.

How old is Penny? Maybe she's his bastard ;) (kidding). I don't think his type of dwarfism would be a dominant trait in Westeros, we don't know of any other Lannister dwarves, or Targ dwarves if you buy into that bs, so I think it's a fluke that won't necessarily pass to the child.

Archived