Jon Snow the 3headed dragon and mythology.

She is a dragon as in a Targaryen, also Jon being the 3 headed dragon sounds too much like the ordinary cliche of one hero saving the day, westeros doesn't need a hero it needs heroes.

Again. People saying Jon becoming King or AAR/TPTWP/AAR and now the 3headed dragon is cliche just makes it more clichey because they keep saying it.

She is a dragon as in a Targaryen, also Jon being the 3 headed dragon sounds too much like the ordinary cliche of one hero saving the day, westeros doesn't need a hero it needs heroes.

and there is why Dany is her father's daughter, she believe that she is a dragon. Because the last time I checked she was a human and not a reptile, cause you know if dragons existed they would be reptiles.

Thanks JQC.

When I read AM's "one person, three aspects" and Jon Stargaryen's "7 vs. 3 idea" (which I like too) I thought of this. Funny how the Gods of the South (the Seven) seems to be losing favor to R'hallor (Fire God) and have never being accepted in the North (who worship the Old Gods/Kings of Winter). I can't remember what Aegon the Conquerer believed in though.

Jon seems to have a connection to all these, except the Seven who he doesn't seem to accept. I wonder if there was a reason for this by GRRM.

Again. People saying Jon becoming King or AAR/TPTWP/AAR and now the 3headed dragon is cliche just makes it more clichey because they keep saying it.

Well I haven't seen a lot of people saying it, I just don't think it is something GRRM will do after building up so many main characters in the story, and using only one of them to be a hero, I remember Tyrion saying in ADWD that AAR could even be more than one person and people are being deceived that it is one person.

and there is why Dany is her father's daughter, she believe that she is a dragon. Because the last time I checked she was a human and not a reptile, cause you know if dragons existed they would be reptiles.

she doesnt believe she is a dragon, she believes she is blood of the dragon, and she is not the first targ to say this both mad and normal targs believe they are blood of the dragon.

Thanks JQC.

When I read AM's "one person, three aspects" and Jon Stargaryen's "7 vs. 3 idea" (which I like too) I thought of this. Funny how the Gods of the South (the Seven) seems to be losing favor to R'hallor (Fire God) and have never being accepted in the North (who worship the Old Gods/Kings of Winter). I can't remember what Aegon the Conquerer believed in though.

Jon seems to have a connection to all these, except the Seven who he doesn't seem to accept. I wonder if there was a reason for this by GRRM.

Aegon believed in the gods of Valyria, I think, but then converted to The Seven, when he started his conquest, to gain more support.

I think Jon doesn't except The Seven because he was raised a Northman and with the Old Gods, so he wouldn't change his faith. And also Ned could have affected him with the Old Gods, as he was honourable and Jon wanted to keep the faith of his father.

And I like your previous post as well, about Jon and AAR, TPTWP, LH.

Well I haven't seen a lot of people saying it, I just don't think it is something GRRM will do after building up so many main characters in the story, and using only one of them to be a hero, I remember Tyrion saying in ADWD that AAR could even be more than one person and people are being deceived that it is one person.

It's just every time someone says Jon will become King, as a statement or question, people say it's cliche and that makes more people think and say its cliche. I mean Fire Eater done a great foreshadowing topic on his Rundown of the Dance of the Dragons 2.0 thread, and that doesn't see, cliche to me.

except from Viserys I don't remember who else said it.

GRRM himself said Targaryens believed they were god-like compared to the people in westoros, you can watch the GOT interview on house targaryen, also the recent Princess and the Queen excerpt shows that targs were using blood purity as a very important part of their house.

Actually I think that Jon is being built up to be the leader/Last Hero because someone has to unite everyone against the Others - sort of have everyone battle in unison (like a song). His lineage of Ice and Fire maybe what helps unite Westeros. But I can't see GRRM writing this as a cliche, a weaker writer maybe.

The whole idea of the GOT was to distract us from the real threat of the Others and see just how petty and distructive people are when they are not united.

It's just every time someone says Jon will become King, as a statement or question, people say it's cliche and that makes more people think and say its cliche. I mean Fire Eater done a great foreshadowing topic on his Rundown of the Dance of the Dragons 2.0 thread, and that doesn't see, cliche to me.

You haven't understand it? Everything that includes Jon is a cliche for some people. Everything.

Actually I think that Jon is being built up to be the leader/Last Hero because someone has to unite everyone against the Others - sort of have everyone battle in unison (like a song). His lineage of Ice and Fire maybe what helps unite Westeros. But I can't see GRRM writing this as a cliche, a weaker writer maybe.

agree. westeros needs unity under 1 leader not 2 different leaders

Aegon believed in the gods of Valyria, I think, but then converted to The Seven, when he started his conquest, to gain more support.

I think Jon doesn't except The Seven because he was raised a Northman and with the Old Gods, so he wouldn't change his faith. And also Ned could have affected him with the Old Gods, as he was honourable and Jon wanted to keep the faith of his father.

And I like your previous post as well, about Jon and AAR, TPTWP, LH.

I saw the DoD 2.0 thread it was very well written indeed. I think the reason people say if either Jon or Dany become ruler or rulers of westeros is cliche, is because they fill the typical, princess in exile and hidden prince storyline and GRRM has seemed the opposite in typical fantasy cliches, However in my previous post I didn't downplay on Jon becoming King, yes he might become King but I don't think he will be the only hero to rescue Westeros from the others, I think AAR is 3 people rather than one.

same here. Dany is the compendium of clishe and tropes and yet Jon is called as a cliche. Wait it will come a day that someone will say that his birth is a cliche.

Well Jon and Dany are on the same level of cliche, You can't say Jon isn't clich and Dany is because they both fit common stories used in fantasy, Jon is like the prince and the pauper, the poor boy who never knew he was a prince and Dany is the exiled princess who returns to take her throne.

I saw the DoD 2.0 thread it was very well written indeed. I think the reason people say if either Jon or Dany become ruler or rulers of westeros is cliche, is because they fill the typical, princess in exile and hidden prince storyline and GRRM has seemed the opposite in typical fantasy cliches, However in my previous post I didn't downplay on Jon becoming King, yes he might become King but I don't think he will be the only hero to rescue Westeros from the others, I think AAR is 3 people rather than one.

Yeah, people see that he's the son (legitimate son) of Rhaegar and Lyanna and think it will be really cliche if he becomes King at the end, because they see it as predictable, when to non-Forum members it's not.

Archived