Jon Snow the 3headed dragon and mythology.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I had a theory once about the Westerosi dragons. To quote myself;

And after that I had the idea that the original Ice became the original Lightbringer and at the end Dawn was created, so I am not sure about the Dawn= a fallen dragon anymore. The only thing we know for sure is that the Valyrian dragons were not the first dragons in Westeros.

Now you mentioning them it’s there is quite interesting about them. Firstly it’s the fact that they most likely were not hatched from Targaryens’ eggs. I don’t see how the Targs would had allowed three eggs or hatchlings to be on their own and not bonded to one of them especially since we have seen what happened when Daemon gave an egg to his mistress. So, it would seem that the dragons were not a descendant of the Targaryens’ dragons.

What is also strange and curious is their name.

Cannibal; has connection with the Northmen, the Skagosi, reports had come from a place at the shores of the Shivering Sea, which is in the Northern part of GRRTH, called Cannibal Bay that there is an Ice dragon and of course the Rat Cook which was at the Wall.

Sheepstealer; Bael the Bart stole the Blue Winter Rose Stark like how Rhaegar stole Lyanna.

Grey Ghost; Do I really have to explain it? The Stark colors are grey and white. Also Jon’s dragon is a white one called Ghost.

I think that I just went full crackpot!

You did! But sometimes that happens. I have to admit that I was studying the names before I posted them above and thought just about the same as you did!

My point was that she did it using their words, which would mean that their words and sigil was made before the Conquest. Hence the sigil isn't about Aegon and his sisters.

Correct. Now I see what you mean, and I agree. ;)

Some people here actually believe that this is a story about how the lost princess in the East frees some slaves, something that has no effect on the Westeros, and the Ice zombie apocalypse is just a red herring.

Anyway, I find it really important how GRRM chose to give Ned and Lyanna a Stark mother and a Stark father. I mean seriously how that isn’t an important clue? For me it is also important how when Jon, even if he was named after JA, has also have the name of a Stark King, just like Bran and Rickon, when even  the girls had Stark names but Robb wasn’t named after a Stark.

Very good point. George picks his names carefully and even one as seemingly innocuous as Jon is very important in this story.

Jojen says, "By night all cloaks are black, Your Grace." and that is a term that has another double meaning, and the deeper meaning is that when it's night, as in the upcoming LN 2.0, everyone will have to fight for their lives. The Others are the real danger. People can live without dragons and either bowing or burning, but they can't live with the Others.

I need to think and reread for some other ideas on Jon and the 3 headed mythology for a bit. This has me peaked, though :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I know that this sounds crazy but please, please, humor me and tell me what you think

In TWOIAF;

The Rhoynar tell of a darkness that made the Rhoyne of Essos dwindle and disappear, her waters frozen as far south as the joining of the Selhoru, until a hero convinced the many children of Mother Rhoyne, such as the Crab King and the Old Man of the River, to put aside their bickering and join in a secret song that brought back the day.

So a Hero convinced the Rhoynar to sing a secret song in order to bring dawn back.

Now, which other race in GRRTH is known for their singing? Methinks that those who sing the song of earth.

The question now is where do the CotFs live or at least have the most influence? I believe in two places one is Neck and Beyond the Wall.

From the crannogmen we have the Meera’s and Jojen’s oath

And from a priestess of the old gods;  

I have heard you singing to him.

I was singing to myself. 

Jon was the one who sent Val to bring Tormund and who will unite the humanity against the Others.

The question now is where do the CotFs live or at least have the most influence? I believe in two places one is Neck and Beyond the Wall.

There is a possibility where CotF have no need to live everywhere : the Long Night never existed in the past, this is only a present story. This story will be told by Bran to human "singers" (or prophets, sorcerers, priests, aso) of the past, everywhere on the earth, and by his greenseer's powers, he will inspire songs, legends, myths, prophecies, etc... which will adapt to each civilization. Human time do all the rest.

So the Rhoyne's story could represent the union between Rhaegar and Lyanna who have a secret baby, a secret song (after all, Jon can be litteraly considered as "the song of ice and fire"), despite the growing tensions between king Aerys and the lords of Westeros. 

4 hours ago, GloubieBoulga said:

There is a possibility where CotF have no need to live everywhere : the Long Night never existed in the past, this is only a present story. This story will be told by Bran to human "singers" (or prophets, sorcerers, priests, aso) of the past, everywhere on the earth, and by his greenseer's powers, he will inspire songs, legends, myths, prophecies, etc... which will adapt to each civilization. Human time do all the rest.

So the Rhoyne's story could represent the union between Rhaegar and Lyanna who have a secret baby, a secret song (after all, Jon can be litteraly considered as "the song of ice and fire"), despite the growing tensions between king Aerys and the lords of Westeros. 

That isn't what I meant.

Like what happened before in Rhoyne when a hero united everyone to sing a song to bring dawn back, in the place closer to the CotF those who sing the song of earth, Jon is the hero who has started to unite the humanity for now the Free Folk and the Southerns in order to fight during LN2.0.

Of course Jon is literally a song between ice and fire but that is about R+L :) 

• 6 months later...

Lets look at one of Jon’s three *faces*

Jon the Song of Ice and Fire

Lets look at Jon’s family tree. From his mother’s side both his maternal grandparents, Lyarra and Rickard, were born in the Stark family. Of course we already know that both of Rhaegar’s parents were Targaryens. Now, from TWOIAF we know that there was a marriage pact between the Starks and the Targaryens which was named “The pact of Ice and Fire”. The union between a Targ and a Stark would have brought the balance between Ice and Fire, Jon as the result of the unofficial pact is the Son of Ice and Fire.

Jon the Azor Ahai Reborn

I think that it is obvious that Jon is AAR.

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

Bowen Marsh's salty tears on Jon’s wounds provide the smoke and salt.

From Jon’s dream:

Jon was armored in black ice, but his blade burned red in his fist. As the dead men reached the top of the Wall he sent them down to die again.

Mel’s flames:

I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow.

S not s

Mel’s words:

This is my place as it is yours, and soon enough you may have grave need of me. Do not refuse my friendship, Jon. I have seen you in the storm, hard- pressed, with enemies on every side. You have so many enemies. Shall I tell you their names?

Night gathers and now my war begins.

Jon the Prince that was Promised

Of course is the fact that as GRRM said the Prince that was Promised is the same with Azor Ahai Reborn. But also since it seems that Rhaegar eloped with Lyanna to produce a third child he was a prince that was promised and as Lyanna said; Promise me Ned.

Archived