[No Spoilers] The Ros Appreciation thread

Raion Laion

Characters like Ros and Shae were important to give the reader/viewer a sense of how the other half lived - those that aren't named Stark, Baratheon or Lannister. In a very different way it reminds me of the HBO series Rome where we saw the great capital in a completely different way than every movie or series before - from the commoner's p.o.v.

In the series we get only a glimpse into the world of Shae (her days as a prostitute essentially end when she meets Tyrion) but Ros we get a better picture of and she is certainly a tragic figure. On one hand, she's LF's prized employee who has "served" powerful men and risen to be the defacto leader among the other women in his brothel. On the other hand she suffers greatly, both from what we know in the series (both scenes with Joffrey and the beating for mistakenly being identified as Tyrion's lover) and we can assume by what's not told (she's a prostitute in a violent world).

And after each scene, where thankfully more happens off-camera than on, she's still there, smiling, being a good hostess and doing her duty.

In the end unfortunately, for all her beauty, talents and the wealth that she brought LF, she never rose above the status of being a disposable asset. This point being made most clear in LF's talk with her in the brothel in which he first consoles her then warns her in an extremely cruel way what will happen to her if she can no longer bring value to him.

I even liked her in the sexposition 'cause I'm not made of stone, and, y'know, dat azz.

I know, right?!?

I'm always surprised when some on these forums act like it's shallow or unworthy to enjoy the sex scenes. I've even heard the word "perverted" used. Enjoying the sight of a beautiful naked body is probably one of the least perverted impulses one can have.

Esme is a LOT of fun to look at nude, and wound up giving a very good performance in her clothed scenes, as well.

Characters like Ros and Shae were important to give the reader/viewer a sense of how the other half lived - those that aren't named Stark, Baratheon or Lannister. In a very different way it reminds me of the HBO series Rome where we saw the great capital in a completely different way than every movie or series before - from the commoner's p.o.v.

In the series we get only a glimpse into the world of Shae (her days as a prostitute essentially end when she meets Tyrion) but Ros we get a better picture of and she is certainly a tragic figure. On one hand, she's LF's prized employee who has "served" powerful men and risen to be the defacto leader among the other women in his brothel. On the other hand she suffers greatly, both from what we know in the series (both scenes with Joffrey and the beating for mistakenly being identified as Tyrion's lover) and we can assume by what's not told (she's a prostitute in a violent world).

And after each scene, where thankfully more happens off-camera than on, she's still there, smiling, being a good hostess and doing her duty.

In the end unfortunately, for all her beauty, talents and the wealth that she brought LF, she never rose above the status of being a disposable asset. This point being made most clear in LF's talk with her in the brothel in which he first consoles her then warns her in an extremely cruel way what will happen to her if she can no longer bring value to him.

lmfao!!!!!! Cant tell if serious.....

I thought I thought Ros would live longer because I was expecting her to fill up Jeyne Poole's story in ADWD (she knows Theon and Winterfell, not many people know her face, she'd fit the bill besides her age). I never disliked her though she never added that much. She certainly didn't deserve to go like this, but I thought it was delivered effectively.

OK so I read a decent amount of these posts but there's one thing I don't quite understand..

Why did Joff kill her? Now obviously 1) he's a violent socio and 2) there was that scene where he made Ros..do things

Did LF tell Joff that Ros was trying to help Sansa escape? And then Joff strung her up on his bed posts and shot her full of arrows?

I liked Ros but the death was effective and disturbing. I'm just a little confused why Joff was a part of it. Seemed like it was Little Finger's bone to pick and he could have disposed of her on his own, considering she was a whore with no family who worked for him.

I think it was a good reminder of how cruel Joffrey can be. He seemed to be really fond of that crossbow in earlier episodes lol. For me, I didn't hate Ros. She served her purpose as a manner of informing the viewer of information we get from the books but are difficult to feed to viewers of the show. But behind the scenes, it seems the only reason they killed her was because she didn't want to do any more nudity for the show, which is a stupid reason to kill her off really...

Archived