Bran and "the boy" [book spoilers]

One line in particular struck me in this episode and it linked up with something I noticed a few episodes back and that was concerning "Boy" knowing that the stark children are alive. it was mentioned once before under the dreadfort before ramsays semi reveal and in this episode he said "wouldn't that be a hunt to remember.

I think it is now very possible that those two storylines could come together with Ramsay and theon heading of north to hunt down Bran and Co.

This would flesh out brans story for next season perhaps and give a reason for including theon this early, Bran's story is very stale at the moment and needs something to change to give it life I think this could be it.

It might also lead to the splitting of Rickon and Osha and Bran and the reeds

What does anyone think, I think if it was done it wouldn't be the worst move as it wouldn't change anything dramatic but might provide Theon with a redemptive moment when he saves them or something..

Thoughts???

I'm glad someone agrees. I posted in a few other threads about the idea that Ramsay hunts for the Stark boys, given that the Boltons need the Stark heirs dead to solidify their claim to Winterfell. It also gives Bran and Rickon a reason to split up, and adds a sense of dread and urgency to Bran's arc. Plus, it makes Ramsay even more sinister without having to add more torture scenes. If they do this, and then reveal his identity at the same time as the Red Wedding, the reveal of his identity can potentially be rewarding, rather than an afterthought.

It's a great idea, but I don't think there's enough time for that. Bran is arriving at the Nightfort in episode 10 already, and Ramsay and Theon are said to be in only two more episodes, probably 7 and 10. I hope that's not true, so we could have the hunt in episode 8 or 9, as well as a Ramsay/Theon scene in episode 10 to wrap the season.

I don't know if they'll do it but I wish they would, it would be an easy way to build Ramsay further as a Bad Dude without having more potentially repetitive Theon scenes. The sight of him and his "girls" off on a hunt would cement him as memorable pretty quickly.

I've seen a few people bring up distance, as in it would strain credulity if Ramsay catches up to them too quickly since they've been traveling for a while - that shouldn't be too big of a factor. They (and GRRM at times, honestly) play fast-and-loose with travel times/distance all the time and Bran and co. are moving a lot slower than a mounted hunting party anyway.

Then again we know it would be an interprise doomed to failure since we already know where Bran and Rickon's at by ADWD, so it might give Ramsay kind of a Darkstar Effect if his first notable action besides torturing a guy is failing to capture a group of children(one crippled, one under the age of ten)/a wildling/Hodor.

Archived