North and Slaver's Bay After Jon and Dany's Departures

Fire Eater

Update:

I'd like to thank King of the Starks for giving me the idea

We all shed blood for the Watch

[Arthur Dayne] All knights must bleed, Jaime. Blood is the seal of our devotion.

The Smiling Knight was a madman, cruelty and chivalry all jumbled up together, but he did not know the meaning of fear

He [Ramsay] should be [afraid]. Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit.

I think Jon will say that (Then you shall have it) to Ramsay Bolton in a parallel to the fight between Arthur Dayne and the Smiling Knight. It is inverted with Jon wearing black to Arthur's white, and Jon wielding a sword of Valyrian steel which is a dark, smoky metal, to Dawn which is as pale as milkglass.

Jon will slay Ramsay Bolton. The parallel will be hinting at the ToJ where Dayne was as well as the further hint to King Arthur.

I had another thought, instead of Ramsay as the Smiling Knight parallel, it could be the Weeping Man, given the nicknames do seem inverted. It could be after he takes the Shadow Tower given the breakdown after the Ides of Marsh when the Shadow Tower is cut off from the rest of the Wall, and outnumbered against the Weeper's host.

I really hope this happens. Also could it have been Manderly who sent the Pink Letter as a way to get Jon to March south. In his marching he would trap Roose and Ramsay between his army and Stannis's. Maybe his sending Davis after Rickon was misdirection on his and GRRM's part. To keep Stannis's attention away from Jon for the moment

Archived