Who will win the Iron Throne

JuicyM

The Iron Throne is a seat for The Conqueror, so whoever can conquer and unite the divided kingdoms wins the throne.

The readers should know that by “a Song of Ice and Fire” George means a conquering of Westeros. He used the phrase to describe Aegon the Conquerer’s conquering of Westeros.

ASOIAF could be interpreted in various ways. To me, 'A Song of Ice and Fire" is a story of how the world will end.

I can see nobody caring who the king is when they find out what Jon and the watch are dealing with North of the wall. They'll be falling all over themselves to support the Watch and the throne's constant ignoring of their pleas for help will be highlighted and will lessen it's authority in Westeros' opinion. In fact the Lannisters will take the brunt of the heat since they basically stole the throne, started a war, and risked the world ending in a mad dash for power.

at some point tommen and myrcella will die, leaving the throne up for grabs. Anybody could take it tyrells, aegon, or stannis, whoever that will be i think will be the last in power till dany arrives or the whitewalkers get beyond the wall and destroy everything, leaving the realm in chaos

I think a Tyrell will eventually end up on the throne,maybe WIllas or Garlan.

Do you really? Because that would be really random. Willas has only been mentioned and Garlan has appeared on a few pages. I imagine George having made up the ending of a Song of Ice and Fire before starting, so he may not even have made up these characters at that point.

I will burn the books if Jon becomes king! The most ridiculous idea I've ever heard of

Stannis: too good to be true, George is going to kill Westeros' only ideal king :(

Dany: why? Hasn't the kingdom suffered enough with incompetent rulers

Any Greyjoy: rofl too dumb to take seriously. Asha being the only one with a brain would know better than to take the IT

Sansa's the queen of Westeros :D Margaery can be her hand ;)

Any Greyjoy: rofl too dumb to take seriously. Asha being the only one with a brain would know better than to take the IT

Victarion is dumb, but Euron is very smart. He is definitley smarter than Asha. He is pretty evil though, at least Dany has a gentle heart.

Victarion is dumb, but Euron is very smart. He is definitley smarter than Asha. He is pretty evil though, at least Dany has a gentle heart.

If he was clever he wouldn't think:

A) he could invade Westeros

B ) a khaleesi would marry him and give him her dragons

Asha is smart because she knees the Iron Born can't go around invading Westeros when they don't have enough men, supplies or money

Asha is smart because she knows the Iron Born can't go around invading Westeros when they don't have enough men, supplies or money

I hope Dany will not and i do not think it would suit Jon`s arc.

I like Stannis for king much more than Dany.

And i would not mind (f)Aegon( b ) to for king no matter who his parents are.

I will be very conflicted if Tyrion, who i still like very much, gives his ultimate support to Dany.

My hidden wish - Aegon sits the IT causing as few casualties as he can and ends the war in the south (well, killing some Greyjoys, Lannisters and Tyrells) with Varys and Tyrion at his side while Stannis and Jon die heroically at the Wall while Dany partially fails at deploying her army in Westeros and loses two of her dragons to various happenings but also helps both Aegon and against the Others after Stannis and Jon held them.

My hope is that it's

A) not one of the people fighting for it now

b ) not someone who only gets introduced in the last two books

I don't think it will be someone obvious, so that rules out Dany.

I don't know how obvious a choice Jon is, he may seem obvious to us but the majority of fans may have no inclination about R + L = J. Still, I don't think he'll sit it at the end either, doesn't seem GRRM's style.

I'm starting to suspect it might be Gendry actually. I don't think he'll "win" it through conquest, but he'll somehow end up on it.

Do you really? Because that would be really random. Willas has only been mentioned and Garlan has appeared on a few pages. I imagine George having made up the ending of a Song of Ice and Fire before starting, so he may not even have made up these characters at that point.

I think Mace will ascend after Aegon and Dany die in the DoD 2.0 and he in turn will die by White Walkers and if Willas survives he ends up on the throne,They have been on a constant upward trend,It just seems likely and would be sufficiently bitter sweet

I think Mace will ascend after Aegon and Dany die in the DoD 2.0 and he in turn will die by White Walkers and if Willas survives he ends up on the throne,They have been on a constant upward trend,It just seems likely and would be sufficiently bitter sweet

The Tyrells have no real claim to any throne. The Starks, Lannisters, Arryns, Baratheons, Martells, Greyjoys and Targaryens all have royal bloodlines, the Tyrells don't.

I can only see Margaery's son taking the throne. Not Mace or Willas.

Asha is smart because she knows the Iron Born can't go around invading Westeros when they don't have enough men, supplies or money

1. He is one of the only ones that even recognise Dany as an interesting player

2. He took the perfect moment to invade (near the end of a devastating civil war)

3. He managed to win the kingsmoot after being gone for years (he beat Asha even though Asha is a well known commander and heir of Balon)

4. He took the shield islands in a smart way

5. He is open to foreign knowledge and can use that to his advantage

I would find that neither bitter nor sweet to be honest. I find that anticlimactic.

Jon foresakes his claim to remain LC of the Watch. Rickon will be KITN and either Gendry or Edric will sit the IT. not sure where Sansa fits into all this but i think she will be powerful.

I hope Davos kills Stannis and i really hope someone kills Melisandre immediately.

1. He is one of the only ones that even recognise Dany as an interesting player

2. He took the perfect moment to invade (near the end of a devastating civil war)

3. He managed to win the kingsmoot after being gone for years (he beat Asha even though Asha is a well known commander and heir of Balon)

4. He took the shield islands in a smart way

5. He is open to foreign knowledge and can use that to his advantage

1. All he sees is a weak woman and some dragons. He's ignorance and misogyny is making him ignore the blinding truth: Dany is a Dothraki Khaleesi and has just conquered cities. She's not going to give him her dragons

2. It will never be the perfect time because the Iron Born can't go too far away from the sea. They can't conquer whole regions because they're too weak. Asha knew that because she's actually practical

3. The Iron Born are dumb. He promises them nice shiny things, Asha shows them the harsh reality: all dumb, toddlers go for the nice shiny thing

4. He took ISLANDS even Victarion can do that! What he can't do is take actual castles

5. He's open to foreign knowledge yet he's dumb enough to think the poorest, weakest, smallest, uncontrollable kingdom can take the IT

Jon foresakes his claim to remain LC of the Watch. Rickon will be KITN and either Gendry or Edric will sit the IT. not sure where Sansa fits into all this but i think she will be powerful.

I hope Davos kills Stannis and i really hope someone kills Melisandre immediately.

Jon: yes

Rickon: Blackfish will be his regent but as Lord of Winterfell. If Sansa gets the IT Rickon will bend for his sister

No one's going to support Gendry (a nobody) or Edric. Especially now that Aegon has conquered the Stormlands

4. He took ISLANDS even Victarion can do that! What he can't do is take actual castles

5. He's open to foreign knowledge yet he's dumb enough to think the poorest, weakest, smallest, uncontrollable kingdom can take the IT

You do know every island has a castle on it

In my starting post on this thread I said I don't think the Greyjoys will win. I do think Euron is smart.

Personally I think there is a good chance that nobody will occupy the Iron Throne come the end.

I agree completely with this. I think it's going to be destroyed, the kingdoms will be broken up, and the major houses are going to be left in - or close to - ruin.

I'm also starting to think that Dany's never going to make her way to Westeros. Why would she? I mean, I know the obvious reasons why she would, as we've been reading about it for five books now. But what I mean by that particular question is, well, Westeros has never been her home, not truly; it's a place that, when it comes down to it, is nothing more to her than a longing passed onto her from her angry and confused brother Viserys.

Archived