Aegon and Starfall

TRAVYS

Is it possible that the Aegon being put forth as heir to the Iron Throne is actually a Dayne, born to Ashara Dayne? The real Aegon should be about 18, and Tyrion describes Young Griff as around 15 or 16. That age would better fall in line with a baby born after the tourney at Harrenhal (where Ashara allegedly got knocked up and later miscarried) and before her suicide (after the events of the Tower of Joy) -- or basically a year younger than real Aegon. Also the Daynes are the only other Weterosi house in the books that could produce a silver haired/violet eyed child.

I wish we knew how Barristan came by the information he relays about Ashara's stillborn daughter. How did he know the child was a girl? Did he see it? Because if Barristan's information is reliable, this can't be true.

Tyrion could have miss judged (F)Aegon's age, I think he did with Jon's.

I think that he's a Blackfyre, but he doesn't know he is, and is son of Illyrio and his Blackfyre wife Serra, who's sister to Varys.

I don`t remember Tyrion specifically stating how old is Young Griff. I also think that Aegon was born after harrenhall tourney, somewhere in 281, and that Ashara`s baby is born months apart. As for Targaryen traits, well Blackfyres also have it.

Tyrion has previously proven himself bad at judging ages, so I wouldn't put much stock in his estimation.

Moreover, we also have the PoV of Jon Connington, who sincerely believes Aegon to be the real deal. Don't you think he'd noticed if Aegon was actually younger than five years old when he was reintroduced to him in 286?

Ashara gave birth to a girl, not a boy. Barristan doesn't have any motive to lie, so I'm inclined to believe what he says.

Aegon Dayne would be another child, born at the end of Robert's rebellion. Two years separate Harrenhal from the end of the war -- plenty of time to have another child.

Tyrion has previously proven himself bad at judging ages, so I wouldn't put much stock in his estimation.

Moreover, we also have the PoV of Jon Connington, who sincerely believes Aegon to be the real deal. Don't you think he'd noticed if Aegon was actually younger than five years old when he was reintroduced to him in 286?

Maybe Connington is bad at judging ages too. :) Seriously, I'm in the middle of a reread of ADWD and keep my out for the relevant passages.

Tyrion could have miss judged (F)Aegon's age, I think he did with Jon's.

I think that he's a Blackfyre, but he doesn't know he is, and is son of Illyrio and his Blackfyre wife Serra, who's sister to Varys.

Say wha?

Ashara is Aegons mother.

Areys is Aegons father.

Ned Stark offered Ashara comfort and genuninely loved her. (Which is why Selmy thinks it was him)

Ashara swapped babies with Elia when hers was stillborn

Varys swapped babies with Aegon and some bakers boy.

Aegon is a Targaryen bastard of the mad King and will ride one fo the three dragons

Pots cracked

It is know

PAX WESTEROS

I don`t remember Tyrion specifically stating how old is Young Griff. I also think that Aegon was born after harrenhall tourney, somewhere in 281, and that Ashara`s baby is born months apart. As for Targaryen traits, well Blackfyres also have it.

He does, he thinks 15-16.

That true, hard to pass off a 2-3 year old as a five year old.

When was Tyrion bad at judging ages?

Couldn't it be that Jon Con loved Rhaegar so much that he desperately wants Aegon to be real, even if it's just to have a piece of the man he loved still be alive? Plus, he didn't see Aegon initially. It was only later that he met Aegon and started caring for him. A lot of people are bad at determining the ages of children, so it's just as likely that Jon Con couldn't tell the difference between a 3-4 year old and a 5-6 year old, just like it's possible that Tyrion couldn't tell the difference between a 15-16 year old and an 18 year old.

Velaryons and possibly the Celtigars, have the valyrian looks too. Alot of peoples in Essos too.

Exactly. The people in Lys, especially, are described as having Valyrian traits. Who do we know that could be Aegon's mother and is from Lys? Serra, the wife of Illyrio Mopatis.

Couldn't it be that Jon Con loved Rhaegar so much that he desperately wants Aegon to be real, even if it's just to have a piece of the man he loved still be alive? Plus, he didn't see Aegon initially. It was only later that he met Aegon and started caring for him. A lot of people are bad at determining the ages of children, so it's just as likely that Jon Con couldn't tell the difference between a 3-4 year old and a 5-6 year old, just like it's possible that Tyrion couldn't tell the difference between a 15-16 year old and an 18 year old.

Exactly. The people in Lys, especially, are described as having Valyrian traits. Who do we know that could be Aegon's mother and is from Lys? Serra, the wife of Illyrio Mopatis.

Yeah, I'm horrible at getting children ages, I'm usually 1 year off.

You said it , honestly I think that Young Griff could really be anyone at this moment, from a random commoner son, to a Dayne, to a Blackfyre, to the real Aegon.

Archived