Any Theon bastards?

unSonofStannis

There is speculation about the Miller's boys who Theon passed as Bran and Rickon were actually his bastards

Interesting, hopefully theres others because House Greyjoy is getting a little thin and it would suck if they died out.

There is speculation about the Miller's boys who Theon passed as Bran and Rickon were actually his bastards

Speculation with no backup whatsoever. <.< Just because it could've made a tragic bed time story.

Speculation with no backup whatsoever. <.< Just because it could've made a tragic bed time story.

It gives sense to the Hooded Man calling Theon 'kinslayer' and Theon did have sex with the Miller's wife. But apart from that, yep, it is speculation and I hardly think it could affect the plot in any way.

• 1 month later...

The younger of the Miller's boys was in all likelihood Theon's. It makes the Kin slayer threat that much more likely and valid. Call him craven, turn-cloak or whatever, but Kin-slayer is very specific, and it is acknowledged that it applies only to blood, not adopted or foster siblings.

• 4 weeks later...

"¡KINSLAYER!"

That´s a clear accusation to Theon, of general knowledge because is said by differente characters. You know... it´s difficult to know if the miller´s boys are Theon´s. Otherwise, It´s logical to believe that this woman was not specially fond of her vows and was the lover of many men. There are much more chances of them being some other´s bastard than Theon´s... who didn´t recognice them either. And even more options for them to be actually the miller´s sons.

If we have to accept Bran Vras´s loving theory, the logical result is to connect some forgotten Stark man with the hooded man and mance´s wilding spearwives. It´s a very well thought theory, wondefully conceived, that I believe... more or less.

There are other options: Theon being a kinslayer because he "killed" his adoptive brothers is one of them. The best, but not mindblowing for a reader, because there are no surprises, no theory hidden in it.

And the other... A crazy one. I mean CRAZY.

What if Theon is a kinslayer because he "killed" his relatives Bran and Rickon?

Oh, oh... another "bastard" theory. Yes, I know they are not wellcomed by nearly anybody. A secret bastard... a secret targaryen... a hidden warg... another changeling of babies... These use to be "easy" theories, with a very thin support.

I don´t mind. It´s funny to theorized, and Martin´s books are so ambiguous and addictive... Just say that I never understood at all why Balon despicted his own son as a "wolf"... why his Harrow wife lives apart from him, askering for her dear Theon (not her older dead sons, or her wellgrown daugter)... why the ironmen were mockering Theon when he came back to the islands... why he was not even considered during the sucession... why his uncle aeron was so cold... and why he was named Theon, a northern name.

I like also the implicit ambiguity of Ned´s pray before the weirwood tree: "Let them to grow up as brothers". Let THEM. Does it include Theon?

ps. please, forgive my bad english. It´s not my native tongue

I think Theon is a First Men name rather than specifically Northern. The North and the Iron Islands were the only two regions of Westeros not culturally assimilated by the Andals (they took the Islands, but adopted the native culture/religion rather than imposing their own like in the rest of the South), so they share many things, names being one of them. Rodrik is another name common in both regions (there are Rodrik Harlaw, Rodrik Sparr, Rodrik Greyjoy, Rodrik "Freeborn" in the Iron Islands, and Rodrik Cassel, Rodrik Flint, Rodrik Ryswell, two Rodrik Stark in the North).

Given Theon's...prowess, shall we say, in the bedchamber, he likely had a bastard or two. If I remember correctly, there is actually a theory that the miller's boys he killed were in fact his bastards. Aside from that, I don't see any more bastards of his coming in to play anytime soon.

I have posited before that Theon most likely does have a bastard or two running around, and that this will become important later in the series, not for political reasons, but to Theon personally (as he can no longer produce any offspring).

Archived