How I Would Have Adapted "The Rains of Castamere"

Gregor's Nancy Boy

I don't know, Bronn is pretty hilarious, Dolorous Edd in his brief appearances (we need more Edd!). I feel this season was a lot less grim in parts then previous seasons.

It was still pretty grim and the attempted humor didn't always land (granted that's subjective). Bronn isn't like Davos (stop Melisandre) or Olenna Tyrell (marriage alliances) because I feel like those characters have a plotline compared to Bronn who is often just a sounding board for Tyrion. That's also way off topic.

Gregor, no offense or anything, but unless you're a TV producer, this is an absolutely pointless endeavour. Without being a skilled professional in the field, you have no idea how much any of this will cost, how much time it will consume, if it's even possible from a production standpoint. Is the only point of this is to show that the book is better?

Yes, I know, Joyful Union. Other people have said similar things and I've already tried to respond to those comments in one place or another throughout this thread. In regards to your statement, I have acknowledged those facts from the first post. To answer your question, no, not really. I was saying more along the lines of "D&D's Red Wedding was a disappointment to me and this is how I would have done it."

Specifically, I would like to present my own adaption for television to express how Benioff and Weiss could have satisfied me as a reader and also a massive fan of the show.

I just wanted people to read what I wrote and hear their opinions on it (which I have enjoyed for the most part forgetting the personal attacks).

Gregor, no offense or anything, but unless you're a TV producer, this is an absolutely pointless endeavour. Without being a skilled professional in the field, you have no idea how much any of this will cost, how much time it will consume, if it's even possible from a production standpoint. Is the only point of this is to show that the book is better?

More pointless than constant argumentation on these forums made by legion of other no-producers that - paraphrasing - the show doesn't have enough money/time/actors/weather/fruit etc. to make a better adaptation of ASOIAF?! Probably not.

And, about your other post, Bronn is indeed funny in the show. In a different way than he's funny in the books, but he's funny nevertheless. But Edd? I'd say TV Edd is nowhere near book Edd in terms of humor. I'd agree with you, however, that they did try to bring more humor into the show this season. Maybe the result would've been much better, if not for the Pod's infamous rampage in the brothel. After that scene, I for one had a harder time laughing at anything funny in GoT.

And, about your other post, Bronn is indeed funny in the show. In a different way than he's funny in the books, but he's funny nevertheless. But Edd? I'd say TV Edd is nowhere near book Edd in terms of humor. I'd agree with you, however, that they did try to bring more humor into the show this season. Maybe the result would've been much better, if not for the Pod's infamous rampage in the brothel. After that scene, I for one had a harder time laughing at anything funny in GoT.

I agree, but he hasn't really got that much screentime. But when he does, it's generally funny, like this exchange:

Sam(in tears): You left me. When the White Walkers came, you left me.

Edd: Yeah, we left you. You're fat, you're slow and we didn't want to die.

:lol: I really hope Edd and Grenn make it back to Castle Black in season 4. I would flip shit if either of them died. Here's hoping we get more Edd monologues when Jon is LC of the Night's Watch.

More pointless than constant argumentation on these forums made by legion of other no-producers that - paraphrasing - the show doesn't have enough money/time/actors/weather/fruit etc. to make a better adaptation of ASOIAF?! Probably not.

Thank you.

Instead of saying "This is how I would have done it", why don't you just be frank and say "I would've liked it better if George had done it directly from his book".

I've been ignoring you since the point you clearly demonstrated you had nothing productive to say.

For your information, I did say those exact words.

Of course I would have preferred “The Rains of Castamere” to be exactly like G.R.R. Martin wrote it

I agree, but he hasn't really got that much screentime. But when he does, it's generally funny, like this exchange:

Sam(in tears): You left me. When the White Walkers came, you left me.

Edd: Yeah, we left you. You're fat, you're slow and we didn't want to die.

:lol: I really hope Edd and Grenn make it back to Castle Black in season 4. I would flip shit if either of them died. Here's hoping we get more Edd monologues when Jon is LC of the Night's Watch.

Honestly, that line didn't do it for me. For my taste, it's way too banal to be funny. But, that's just me, and that's just one line. Can't remember what it was, but I know he did made me smile few times in the show.

Back on topic, sort of, Walder's look he gave to Robb when Roslyn revealed herself was a funny moment, and in a good place for it. There's a lot of what I'd change about that episode, but I'd keep that little moment in any case. That's good TV humor, if you ask me. Nothing hilarious - it wasn't the episode for hilarious things, after all - but very appropriate and effective.

Thank you.

You're welcome. Just to add: your take is infinitely more useful and enjoyable, than all the stuff show-apologists came up with while they were trying to "explain" to us purists that the Pod vs. whores wasn't an attempt to make a joke, but rather a result of some top-secret plot between Tyrion, Littlefinger, Bronn...

I thought it was done perfectly. The pouring rain,Greywind attacking one of the freys,the terrible musicians, and roslin's crying I'm afraid to say are a little bit too obvious. The episode did an excellent job of pacing the episode, and when the horror started you can't look away. Talisa and the unborn child dying is a nice little cherry of tragedy on the already horrifying cake. The Unsullied TV fans have just fallen in love with Jaime, so Jaime Lannister sends his regards would have been uneeded. 10/10 I say.

You're welcome. Just to add: your take is infinitely more useful and enjoyable, than all the stuff show-apologists came up with while they were trying to "explain" to us purists that the Pod vs. whores wasn't an attempt to make a joke, but rather a result of some top-secret plot between Tyrion, Littlefinger, Bronn...

And yet I bet you watch every episode. :cool4:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived