About Castamere (The Castle not the Song)

RenanMH

In episode 8 or 7 (not really sure, sorry) of the current season, Cersei talk about the Reynes of Castamere with Margaery. At a moment she says: "Lord Reyne built a castle as grand as Casterly Rock. He gave his wife diamonds larger than my mother ever wore. And finally, one day, he rebelled against my father.". Even though I looked up on the Wiki and elsewhere, I could not find any reference to the size of the stronghold, but I don't think it was actually as big as Casterly Rock, as Jaime once said that every castle would seem small to Pia, since she had grown up at Harrenhal, except for Casterly Rock. So, my question is: is Castamere really as big as Casterly Rock? And is Casterly Rock as big as Harrenhal?

Catamere was fairly large due to the Reigns being quite wealthy, although Tywin had the castle destroyed when he crushed the rebellion.

I don't imagine there is any information out there about its size, though there is an official reference out there filled with cool information, it's your best bet!

Harrenhal is by far the greatest surviving castle in Westeros so yeah it's far bigger than Casterly Rock.

The thing about Casterly Rock isn't necessarily its size but actually its position, a strong castle in top of a rock, nearly-impossible to siege. But yes it was still of considerable size but considering that it was on top of a rock, I think it's possible that Castamere was larger.

Archived