Brienne is Azor Azhai

Proof- When Stannis and Renly meet they talk and Melisandre says Stannis was born amidst salt and smoke, Renly mocks this by calling him ham and what was ham originally , pig. And Brienne was within earshot of this and also she is ugly so by pure unadulterated logic she was is a pig! There it is undeniable proof

I still stand by my prior claim that Dolorous Edd is Azor Ahai, partly because the 'salt and smoke' may indicate that he was always relegated to cooking duties so he wouldn't get people down with his misinterpreted attempts at cynical levity, and partly because it would be funny if that happened to be the case.

Proof- When Stannis and Renly meet they talk and Melisandre says Stannis was born amidst salt and smoke, Renly mocks this by calling him ham and what was ham originally , pig. And Brienne was within earshot of this and also she is ugly so by pure unadulterated logic she was is a pig! There it is undeniable proof

You're the one who started that thread saying King in the North! King in the North! So Im not surprised by this.

• 2 weeks later...

And on a sidenote, I suspect GRRM, known affectionately by his fans as the 'Evil Santa', may very well be Father Christmas, which is why his next installment will have 'Winter' in the title, and may even be out in time for Xmas: and he's disguising his identity by not including any elves. He also lives, surely not coincidentally, in a place called 'Santa' Fe.

Well, she definitely has more going for her than Jaime, and that's per his own weirwood dream when he sees her with a red sword. So if red sword is generally accepted as lightbringer's symbol, Brienne is definitely in the running.

Tormund-AAR

His Member-Lightbringer

Jon Snow-Nissa Nissa.

Oh... oh god... oh gods, why, why would you put this image in our minds?

Still a better theory than Jaime as AAR though..

I think that the OP brings up a fairly valid point, and can give ballast to his theory. First, there is the fact that Brienne has a shiny sword, and if Jaime dies at the hands of Stoneheart, he becomes Brienne's Nissa Nissa. But this is neither here nor there, for I have discovered more proof through more subtle logic.

Brienne comes from Tarth, the Sapphire Isle. What colour are sapphires? Azure. How does she greet Jaime after not seeing him for a while in the fourth novel? With the equivalent of a 'hi.' Hence we get 'Azure A Hi', which would sound like Azor Ahai if you were saying it through a mouthful of ham.

The OP's point is crucial here. Ham is made amid salt and smoke, and Brienne is thought of as a pig. She originally distrusts Jaime but later falls in love with him, hence she becomes, near the point she's asked to betray him, 'game on', therefore 'gammon'. She also overreacts a little when Jaime gets into the bath at Harrenhal in front of her when she's already seen his wiener. And what do we call an overly dramatic person? A ham.

Brienne is also brawny, and winds up fighting a bear wearing a smock and has been clawed, and blood is salty. Hence, 'brawn amid salt and smock.' A bear is also a 'bruin', so fighting a 'bruin amid salt and smock' would work as well.

And there you have it, folks. Surely, irrefutable evidence! Brienne is Azor Ahai, and I stand corrected in assuming this character previously to be Dolorous Edd.

Archived