What prequel Novel would you like GRRM to write?

Jose Stark

since i'm a "history" buff. i'd like to read about

-the story surrounding Manderly's exile to the North

-the life of the Night King

-the life of Harren the black (or basically the building of Harrenhal)

-the targaryen's exodus to westeros (pre conquest) and the building of Dragonstone

-the rise of the empire of Valyria

-a war story about the siege of Moat Cailin (at its heyday)

-a story where the protagonist is an Iron Born

-a story of the Second Sons

I am a lover of history, so any of the following:

1. The War of the Usurper, also known as Robert's Rebellion.

2. The Dance of Dragons.

3. Aegon's Landing.

4. The reign of Baelor and the lives that his three sisters led.

5. The First Blackfyre Rebellion.

6. The War of the Ninepenny Kings.

7. A tale about the Empire of Valyria and possibly how it came to be.

8. The story of how Aenar Targaryen and his family moved to Dragonstone and their lives in Valyria etc.

Unfortunately though, I don't see a prequel novel happening.

Easy question...... If George RR Martin asked you point blank what story or time period you would like to see a novel written about, what would you tell him?

There is sooo much TBH the age of heroes and how the different were formed..... Bran the builder! Aegon's conquest would definetively be interesting, any of the targaryens reigns but if I had to choose 1 I would choose........

The War of the Usurper!!!!! Since the tourney of Harrenhal or a little before that so we get to know Rhaegar, Robert , Ned, Lyanna , Jaime and even the mad king himself..... Then what happened to the Starks, the war itself and everything ending with what happened in the tower of joy and maybe even clearing up the mystery behind the parents of Jon Snow?

this. definitely Roberts Rebellion

What about you?

Queen Nymera/Rhoynar-Valyrian conflict which includes Garin's story. I also want to learn about her transition in Dorne.

Ancient Valyria to learn about the culture.

I want to know more about Daena so I guess the time of Aegon IV.

I would love stories that explain more what the great bastards were like.

Maybe one of the Northern kings but maybe not. I would like to know what Brandon the Bad did for example and more on Theon the Hungry Wolf but this isn't as interesting to me as the Nymeria/Targ stuff.

I would have liked if he could write the books on Arya's adventures in Braavos like he had said he had wanted to do but I know he won't.

Robert's Rebellion. I want to see inside Rhaegar's head! And Lyanna's! Plus, then we'd get to see the TaH, which has many significant characters all in one place (Ned, Brandon, Lyanna, Benjen, Robert, Rhaegar, Jaime....the list goes on!)

Exactly what I want! :cheers:

The Greyjoy Rebellion would do for a nice, short book.

As I said before in this thread, I would like to even see events a little while before the rebellion.

We get to see Euron kinda getting along with his brothers, Aeron before he drowned and became a priest Balons relationship with his kids, Theon and Ashas relationship, Alannys Harlaw before being affected by war, and Maron and Rodrick. I want to see how they were to Theon and Asha.

As I said before in this thread, I would like to even see events a little while before the rebellion.

We get to see Euron kinda getting along with his brothers, Aeron before he drowned and became a priest Balons relationship with his kids, Theon and Ashas relationship, Alannys Harlaw before being affected by war, and Maron and Rodrick. I want to see how they were to Theon and Asha.

Yeah, we know practically nothing of the Greyjoys pre-Rebellion. I think this is a fantastic idea.

I wonder if Balon was always that stern, or if it was losing the Rebellion and his sons that turned him bitter.

i wouldnt mind a 'fables' style book

with spread out stories covering one topic each.

like lann the clever tricking casterlys

nimble dicks ancestors real world adventures

wall being built (or some pov right before wall is built, like the plans, reasons)

some stories from the wall (rat cook, night king, etc)

just fables from within the universe

Archived