If the sea freezes over...?

Tyler Linn

Well, we're not talking about a duck pond here.

For such a vast, deep, and massive body of water to freeze, conditions would be so extreme that all humans would be dead already.

The Arctic? That's a frozen ocean...people live there...

I think the rules are different for wights than for White Walkers. Remember that wight that came to kill Jeor Mormont? Maybe the Wall's power only works while there's a LC alive and well. Which doesn't bode welll for anyone at the moment.

But maybe the wights could be sent (from Hardhome, for ex.) to do whatever needs to be done to stop the magic of the Wall so the WW can cross?

I guess wights cannot make independent decisions to conquer new areas, to trick themselves around the wall or under the sea but if their bodies are transported or guided somewhere then they will exist there. A magic limitation may though exist for the Others. And they may be cunning enough to lure humans into opening a space for them or to find a path of their own if conditions change.

I still think the Others should have a seductive power, they should be able to present themselves as admirable and desirable to humans, not only as disgusting and fear inducing. They should have something to lure the weak into believing their promises. Being easily recognisable as evil is somehow not enough for me, I still think of the beauty of the Sidhe.

Archived