Roose Bolton: Father of the Year?

Pinkie Baelish

I can't be the only one that thinks this right? Let's recount all the examples of Roose's supreme parenting:

• Provides and cares for his bastard son - doesn't allow him to take upon a self-imposed exile as part of the NW
  • Doesn't kill his son's dogs - they are well fed and looked after properly, unlike Arya, Robb and Sansa's wolves
  • Gives his son positive motivation to better himself ("before you make me rue the day I raped your mother")
  • Loses a son, but unlike Catelyn, he's clearly made of sterner stuff and doesn't go on a berserk lynching rampage. He takes it on the chin, and moves on with his life.
  • Allows his bastard(although half lowborn) to be educated and raises him to become the Lord of Winterfell - shows a progressive attitude
  • Doesn't marry his son off to a psycho(there's another strike against Ned)

The evidence is undeniable: Roose Bolton is better than 95% of Westerosi fathers and a prime candidate for Westeros' father of the year.

Mr Bolton won in outstanding category as Father of the year that included:

1. Robert Baratheon

2. Balon Greyjoy

3. Randyll Tarly

4. Petyr Baelish(adoptive father)

These five gentlemen serve as example to all those fathers that gave up their lives so they would be there for their children

Mr Bolton won in outstanding category as Father of the year that included:

1. Robert Baratheon

2. Balon Greyjoy

3. Randyll Tarly

4. Petyr Baelish(adoptive father)

These five gentlemen serve as example to all those fathers that gave up their lives so they would be there for their children

It's definitely a tight run.

I think Randyll Tarly deserves a special mention for allowing his son who is extremely low on self-esteem to join an order which will support his growth into a zombie-slayer who beds wildling women. Also the time spent running and not eating as much will help him lose weight, preventing heart disease and a number of other complications, while it has been shown that ice preserves the lifespan.

Petyr Baelish is the most affectionate father.

Excellent points as always Pinkie Baelish

I would also like to add that Roose went to a war, which clearly didn`t want to fight, only for his son`s safety, and not for selfish reasons like his overlord at the time

Not only did he send him the original Reek, but he provided Ramsay with new friends constantly (Damon dance for me, Skinner, the two Walders) and also so devastated by his son losing his original Reek, so he recommended Theon as a substitute.

And where do we think Ramsay learnt how to flay people? Roose must have taken a lot of time to teach him Bolton tradition. Devotion right there.

Excellent point. He taught his son himself what`s what, unlike Ned, who just brought in some foreign wanna-be dancer to teach his daughter how to fight with a sword, because he didn`t want to spend any time with his children.

Roose is such a great guy! His generous behavior, his skill at leeching, AND his ability to pass on regards that most people would have forgotten about! He is a role model, and that sense he is a father to us ALL. Then when he found out that one of his commoners had denied him his right to the first night, after all he had done for them. Well I would have been just as upset as Roose!

"Don't make me regret raping your mother!"

After all this time, the one thing that Roose had done wrong, he regrets. He carries his guilt around with him everyday, and because of that I respect him.

Roose is such a great guy! His generous behavior, his skill at leeching, AND his ability to pass on regards that most people would have forgotten about! He is a role model, and that sense he is a father to us ALL. Then when he found out that one of his commoners had denied him his right to the first night, after all he had done for them. Well I would have been just as upset as Roose!

"Don't make me regret raping your mother!"

After all this time, the one thing that Roose had done wrong, he regrets. He carries his guilt around with him everyday, and because of that I respect him.

Welcome to the forum Lord/ Lady Flayton :cheers:

Judging from your post, username and avatar (they`re all awesome) I think we`re going to get along great

Let's not also forget how he painstakingly killed the idiot boy king who would have led the entire North to ruin and unlawfully killed his son for a legitimate marriage to Lady Hornwood, selflessly cementing his own reputation forever as a regicide and a traitor.

You know what they say: you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Let's not also forget how he painstakingly killed the idiot boy king who would have led the entire North to ruin and unlawfully killed his son for a legitimate marriage to Lady Hornwood, selflessly cementing his own reputation forever as a regicide and a traitor.

You know what they say: you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

According to this thread Roose may have been in self defense when it all went down, but that may be inaccurate... I liked this explanation the most

Welcome to the forum Lord/ Lady Flayton :cheers:

Judging from your post, username and avatar (they`re all awesome) I think we`re going to get along great

Thank you :cheers:

You have no idea how conflicted I was when my two favorite characters (Roose and Stannis) began marching on each other :eek:

And then coming on here to find out that a lot of people don't like Roose or Stannis!

At first I thought It was me, but I see that there are other Roose enthusiasts out there!

You have no idea how conflicted I was when my two favorite characters (Roose and Stannis) began marching on each other :eek:

And then coming on here to find out that a lot of people don't like Roose or Stannis!

At first I thought It was me, but I see that there are other Roose enthusiasts out there!

This is a very large community, everyone has their Stans. Neither Roose, nor Stannis lack supporters here.

:cheers: It warms my heart to see a new Roose-stan on the forum. Welcome!

Truth. Robb was just jealous that Ramsay married a better looking lady than the Frey he was supposed to marry. Like Ned, he would have made a terrible father.

This is all wonderful proof that The Roose is not a deabbeat baby daddy, The Roose pays his child-support.

So true, unlike Ned who knocks up some poor lowborn girl, and not only does he not pay her any alimony, but he takes the child away from the mother as well

Archived