Is there a truely evil character in ASOIAF

The Prince of Ice

Kudos on the Sauron as the great progressive, integrating force of Middle-Earth. It does kind of suck that the orcs were an original race created at the same time as the elves, but they had to be bad. Elves get nice woods, music, fine food - and orcs get slimy skin and what sounds like decent whiskey/moonshine.

And yea - the Ents were eco-terrorists - but by far the best part of the entire series (way to go Peter Jackson for cutting out their contributions to winning the battle at Helm's Deep).

Gregor Clegane is evil. He burned his little bro's face, and would have killed him, when they were young kids. AFTER that, he kills children and rapes like crazy. Would that we could have seen a face-off of Gregor and Khal Drogo, mano a mano.

Orcs were not made at the same time as elves where did you read that? They were created years after when Melkor corrupted the The First People(Elves) he captured. So not the same time. Dwarves beat elves in age if their race anyways.

Love this. And just to add, I hate how she uses her sex to manipulate people to do bad things for her. It makes me so annoyed that she complains no one takes her seriously because she's a woman yet she parades her vagina around. That's not how you hang with the boys, they don't pull that to get political power. Idiot. /end rant

Totally agree, one of the things that make Cersei one of the dumbest characters in the series.

I think that we're all missing one really important fact about Ramsay. He can't possibly be evil; he's had such a positive effect on Theon. Well not actually Theon, but how Ramsay changed Theon made a lot of people begin to really like Theon.

If Ramsay Snow has had one good contribution to ASOIAF, it is his effect on Theon.

Did Brienne take pleasure in their deaths? I thought she killed them in self-defence. I think she anticipated that Shagwell would attack her, but gave him the option not to do so.

All of those deaths occurred in self-defense. Definitely in furtherance of an agenda, one that is universally recognized as justifiable. OK, you could argue that Shagwell's death is more in the nature of an execution, but he was a participant in the attack on her.

I *think* Brienne was pleased they were dead. Regardless, Shagwell was not only an execution, but forcing him to dig a grave first is Psychological torture. Clearly Brienne is irredeemably evil [/irony]

Actually, most of the audience for "Doctor Who" nowadays (the episode "Journey's End" is from the modern era - 2008 I think) is adult, as is the writing which is often among the most sophisticated on British television. Even "Genesis of the Daleks" is pretty sophisticated for its time, the Tom Baker era. The plot is filled with moral dilemmas and some great dialogue between the Doctor and Davros.

Doctor Who's a weird one. It's my firm belief that back in the day, it was a well written show that children liked because it was good. Since the 'modern era' I think it's some of the worst written and plotted fiction I've ever seen. It's just terrible. I used to be a massive fan, so I've tried to watch the newer stuff but it's laughably bad. If you want to buy Dr. Who magazine, you pick it up off the shelf where it sits inbetween Peppa Pig and Ben10. Kids show. ;)

I *think* Brienne was pleased they were dead. Regardless, Shagwell was not only an execution, but forcing him to dig a grave first is Psychological torture. Clearly Brienne is irredeemably evil [/irony]

Doctor Who's a weird one. It's my firm belief that back in the day, it was a well written show that children liked because it was good. Since the 'modern era' I think it's some of the worst written and plotted fiction I've ever seen. It's just terrible. I used to be a massive fan, so I've tried to watch the newer stuff but it's laughably bad. If you want to buy Dr. Who magazine, you pick it up off the shelf where it sits inbetween Peppa Pig and Ben10. Kids show. ;)

Brienne was obviously pleased that she'd managed to successfully defend herself. But, had the Bloody Mummers not attacked her, I think they'd have been safe from her.

Archived