How powerful is Rickon?

The Fallen

` The return of Rickon is definitley one of the storylines I'm looking forward to in WoW. I'm not expecting him to be a savior, but I definitely want to know what he was up to and how he's changed.

While Rickon's knowledge of Ned's fate does suggest some level of greendream ability, it would be odd for Martin to give him such a oower without making it clear to the readers. Also, I don't think Bran ever considers the idea of Rickon sharing his abilities. Is it possible that Rickon picked up on Bran's dream/emotions, given that they are both wargs?

` I'm not sure if Rickon could pick up on Bran's dreams. Unless it's possible when they're both warging. I don't know if everyone else feels the same way, but I believe Rickon was definitely warging Shaggydog, even if he didn't realize what he was doing.

Rickon has a lot of catching up to do with the narrative. It's going to take massive character development before I care about him. He'd have to become the most sympathetic POV character ever; even then, he could get annoying. But I think his character is finally at an age that GRRM feels like he can do something with it.

Concerning his possible place in the story, and his potential power, he's pretty much a blank canvas; it's hard to imagine what sort of path he could take independent of the more developed characters. Sansa is a Lady, and Arya is an Assassin; Jon is a Warrior, and Bran is a magic user. There aren't a lot of new roles for Rickon to fill. I'm sort of seeing a political role for him. He could turn into a great young lord. He could end up a patsy for whomever wants the power of his house. Having been away from the family so long, he could be the black sheep of the Stark family, and reject any sort of family connection or rules about his position.

I think Rickon has a lot of emotional power when linked to Bran. I have to imagine that Rickon would be fiercely loyal to Bran as the only Stark that Rickon knows is still alive, and having bonded with him during and after the sack of Winterfell. If Bran goes to the dark side, so to speak, then Rickon would be a good choice of character to seek his brother out and talk him back to the light. Or maybe Bran will get good enough to send Rickon messages over long distances that Rickon can pass to other people.

There are just too many possibilities for him right now because we don't know what he's been doing for the last year or so.

He shall be a finer warrior than Robb and Jon combined, more graceful in court than Sansa, more stealthy than Arya, a more powerful warg than Bran, and such a great green seer that they will rename it Rickonsight. He'll be the Stark in Winterfell, and king of the mother fucking north.

I always assumed Bloodraven was the one responsible for them seeing their father one last time, it's certainly within his power. As for Rickon, I don't think he will be a Greenseer but he definitely is a Warg, and possibly a Unicorn slayer. :)

Think Rickon is key to the last book. Fair enough, he had a tough childhood and is still only a 'baby' but he sees through lies (as kindly as they are meant) and is fiery and determined like the Starks of Old....plenty of Wolf Blood runs through his veins. He's now off into the unknown guided by a Wilding and Shaggydog....

Rickon is the wild Stark. I think Davos is going to have his hands full when he gets to Skagos. RIckon, Osha and Shaggydog are not known to play well with strangers. I'm actually really looking forward to the Davos POV's in the next book.

I'm curious to see whether or not the lords of Skagos will back Rickon's claim to Winterfell. As far as we know this generation of Skagosi are loyal to House Stark. Interesting though that none of them came to the harvest feast or went south with Robb. If Davos is successful in his mission, I think he comes back at the head of a Skagosi army. Maybe bailing a starving Stannis out of trouble one more time.

Could Rickon have (unknowingly) started warging random animals on Skagos? Osha could jnow enough to recgonize the signs of a skinchanger, and at least explain to the kid what's going on.

Maybe he was warging both Shaggydog and the unicorn at once and was pitting them against each other for sport. He is just a little Micael Vick he is

I think Rickon's power, combined with his rage, could turn him into an unstoppable warrior, able to use his ability to see the future as a way of anticipating his opponents attacks. Combine that with his unchecked and unbridled rage - oh, and a huge freaken direwolf - and you've got the badassest Stark warrior this side of the Age of Heroes.

It's possible my opinion might just be fueled by reading too much Dune though. People like Duncan Idaho (the last of his gholas) and Miles Teg come to mind though.

I always thought that Rickon is very powerful, maybe even a greenseer. So, we know that greenseers are very rare, 1 in a million?? well, the North has a population of 4-6 million :). I know that Bloodraven and the children of the forest have been waiting for Bran, but what if he died in the fall? what if Ramsay, the wildlings, the wights, or even the cold killed him??? Don't you think they have a backup plan??? So why not Rickon?

Do we?How?

I can't remember anything like that.

Jon?

The call came from behind him, softer than a whisper, but strong too. Can a shout be silent? He turned his head, searching for his brother, for a glimpse of a lean grey shape moving beneath the trees, but there was nothing, only...

A weirwood.

It seemed to sprout from solid rock, its pale roots twisting up from a myriad of fissures and hairline cracks. The tree was slender compared to other weirwoods he had seen, no more than a sapling, yet it was growing as he watched, its limbs thickening as they reached for the sky. Wary, he circled the smooth white trunk until he came to the face. Red eyes looked at him. Fierce eyes they were, yet glad to see him. The weirwood had his brother’s face. Had his brother always had three eyes?

It continues much longer, but I guess this is enough for you. It is from the 7th Jon chapter in ACOK

Rickon is the wild Stark. I think Davos is going to have his hands full when he gets to Skagos. RIckon, Osha and Shaggydog are not known to play well with strangers. I'm actually really looking forward to the Davos POV's in the next book.

I'm curious to see whether or not the lords of Skagos will back Rickon's claim to Winterfell. As far as we know this generation of Skagosi are loyal to House Stark. Interesting though that none of them came to the harvest feast or went south with Robb. If Davos is successful in his mission, I think he comes back at the head of a Skagosi army. Maybe bailing a starving Stannis out of trouble one more time.

In all likelihood, I think the Skagosi have essentially been fostering Rickon. Word probably came to the island that Ned was dead. And when Rickon showed up with the direwolf, what choice did they have but to keep him on Skagos. The Skagosi may not like being ruled by the Starks, but throwing Rickon and Osha off the island to return to the mainland North that is being invaded by the Ironborn was likely the only other option, and that in itself is cruel to do to Rickon, a kid on the run. So I expect that when Davos shows up to take Rickon with him, the Skagosi are going to back Rickon's claim with their army. No way do they let Rickon go without some protection, after letting him stay with them for over a year in hiding.

As for Rickon himself, he's that forgotten pawn on the chessboard that is slowly moving to the opposite side and the more powerful pieces on his side are trying to distract the opposing team in order to draw attention away from him. But in actuality, despite being only a pawn, his power is being able to get the other pieces to protect him, because his potential is greater than theirs if he can just make it across the board. Basically, Rickon has the power to unite the North through his claim as a son of Ned Stark and he's got a lot of attributes in his favor to make him a dangerous Northern lord in the future: his direwolf, his willful personality, his potential to become a warrior, no health issues, support from the majority of the Northern bannermen loyal to the Stark name, warging ability, probably green dreams, and the propensity to see through the lies being told to him. While the Southern houses are distracted with the Ironborn and the Aegon invasion, I expect Jon and Rickon to emerge from the mess of the Northern civil war as victors, and in the process, they'll consolidate the North's power once again behind the Stark name.

Archived