Why is Coldhands no mindless zombie?

Rooseman

I was thinking that, but maybe Brandon turned it down the first time as he was sick to the back teeth of staring at that bloomin wall! Or maybe he was too busy building WF at the time and when he was done the time was right for a new LC, the 13th one.

Coldhands cannot be the Night's King or Bran the Builder, his armor is post-Andal invasion. Whoever he is it is most likely he is someone who died within Bloodraven's lifetime. I would like for it to be Ben but as I said earlier I think it is just a Black Brother who died north of the Wall.

Surely CH has come across his fair share of Andal amour corpses. A new outfit always makes one feel better.... In all fairness, no idea who CH is. 'They killed him long ago' also raises more issues as who 'they' were is speculation, 'killed him long ago' could refer to a mental trauma rather than the obvious physical aspect! Whatever/whoever CH is he certainly builds up suspense as does who/what 'created' him.

Surely CH has come across his fair share of Andal amour corpses. A new outfit always makes one feel better.... In all fairness, no idea who CH is. 'They killed him long ago' also raises more issues as who 'they' were is speculation, 'killed him long ago' could refer to a mental trauma rather than the obvious physical aspect! Whatever/whoever CH is he certainly builds up suspense as does who/what 'created' him.

But why would someone who can't die be out looking for new armor?

Try the D&E tales, there is more to Bloodraven than just being a Greenseer.

Ah, I see, thankyou. I've not read the D&E. haven't wanted to buy several crap anthologies to get three short stories, I've been hoping and praying for a stand alone collection.

I was aware that Bloodraven was a rather talented mofo though, but is he a warg? Or are we just stretching an assumption?

Ah, I see, thankyou. I've not read the D&E. haven't wanted to buy several crap anthologies to get three short stories, I've been hoping and praying for a stand alone collection.

I was aware that Bloodraven was a rather talented mofo though, but is he a warg? Or are we just stretching an assumption?

Greenseers are wargs. Here is the wiki info.

There have been multiple theories, but it is certain, by Georges style of prose, that Coldhands is not Brandon Starks monster, he is a monster, who introduced himself as Brandon Stark.

Your monster, ( <--- Comma!!! new bit of the sentence ) Brandon Stark ( <----- Coldhands name!!!!)

I think if you look at the statement in context he's referring to the three eyed crow. It wouldn't make any sense for him to be referring to himself if you look at the conversation.

Archived