Does anyone think Rickon will have a host of Skagosi with him upon his return?

Lord Damian

Skagos is a large Island that must have some seriously ferocious men and women. It's reputation as such even seems to unnerve Roose Bolton. If Rickon has kin there or even not, is there a possibility that a host of men will come back with him, a few thousand anyway, 4-5k?

Depends. If GRRM makes Rickon more important to the story (i.e. King in the North) then what better way to do it than Rickon unleashing an army of cannibals on the Boltons. However if Rickon remains Stannis`s power play then no Skagosi.

How will Stannis react to Rickon?, if Stannis survives the battle? What will Mel do if Stannis is indeed defeated and Rickon and his forces prevail and win the North? if this and Jon is indeed, Dead or comotose?

Rickon is what? .... 5?

I find it hard to picture him charging into battle on a unicorn leading 4000 screaming Skagosi.

He's a rallying point for those who are anti-Bolton and pro-Stark.

The real question is, why does Manderly feel that he needs to be smuggled out of Skagos?

Rickon is what? .... 5?

I find it hard to picture him charging into battle on a unicorn leading 4000 screaming Skagosi.

He's a rallying point for those who are anti-Bolton and pro-Stark.

The real question is, why does Manderly feel that he needs to be smuggled out of Skagos?

Perhaps Manderly does not want Rickon seen until it is "time" Also, Who said Rickon would be "riding" a unicorn. Mayhaps the Skagosi are kin to Rickon through a grandmother and will fulfull their oath to the Starks and fight for them.

Yes. But not just a host of Skagosi warriors.

About half of Skaogs extends North of the Wall. Meaning that when Winter really sets in, the seas around it will likely freeze solid. Thus connecting Skagos to the mainland Beyond the Wall. And that means the Others will have an easy time crossing the ice and decimating the entire Skagos.

Therefore, I believe that the Skagosi will use Rickon as leverage to ferry their ENTIRE POPULATION over to the Northern Mainland. Much like the Wildlings brought their entire population to the Wall.

So we're not talking about a Skagosi invasion, but rather of a Skagosi migration.

So I'm thinking about as many people as Mance brought with him. 100 thousand or so. Among which will be say 3000 warriors.

How will Stannis react to Rickon?

more importantly, how will stannis react to the skagosi army that also happens to be cannibals.

Depends. If GRRM makes Rickon more important to the story (i.e. King in the North) then what better way to do it than Rickon unleashing an army of cannibals on the Boltons. However if Rickon remains Stannis`s power play then no Skagosi.

i really think rickon will be an enemy for stannis. without that setup, rickon will be an ally for stannis and he will lead the north and i just don't think that's part of stannis' arc. he's the champion of the r'hollor, not the old gods. he is fire and the north is ice.

Stannis will use the unicorns to make his own rainbow guard in honor of renly, only stannis' rainbow guard will ride unicorns in stead of horses. This is how stannis will "redeem"(not that he needs redeeming) himself over the killing of his brother.

Isn't Rickon seven years old? I seriously doubt he will appear at the head of a host. The Skagosi are no big friends of House Stark either.

i agree, he will be no leader of the skagosi but i think the skagosi will recognize the wild child that is rickon and easily take him into the fold. it helps that he will be with a wilding and has a crazy, fierce direwolf with him.

Thats my gripe against Stannis; R'hollor and why I want a King (or Queen) of the North.

Like everyone else I wonder about Rickons age and find it hard to see him command an army but I see Rickons upbringing (his whole family being scattered) and Shaggydogs agression to be signs that Rickon will be an unmerciful asskicker one day. Also in the show he didnt want to leave Bran becausee he felt it was his job to protect Bran, another sign that he will restore the Starks.

I wonder if these unicorns are not the "typical" unicorns we think of. Maybe these are largers, draft horse/clydesdale size and "nasty".

Or this Pleistocene rhino.

"The Magnar's a lord on Skagos," Noye said. "There were Skagossans at Eastwatch when I first came to the Wall, I remember talk of him."

I think the Skagosi will land with 4-5k men and unicorn cavalry. Davos will manage to get the Skagosi lords to side with Stannis for Rickon, and have them land at Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.

When he arrives, he will ride with the giants on their mammoths to aid Jon in battle, and take the Boltons in the rear.

One of the theories I love to believe will come true, which it probably won't, is that Ned's mom is a Skagosi. So, I sincerely hope he will have a hoard of cannibals at his back. And an, incentive of having cannibals is that they can eat the dead and not have to just burn them alive...

At least he wouldn't have to worry about feeding them...

don't burn the wights or bury the dead just eat them :bowdown:

reminds me Dolorous Edd said, “Now I understand why King Stannis let the wild-lings through the Wall. He

means for us to eat them.”

Archived