A Song of Meat and Sausage

tormund's beard

Eel (lampreys are eels) is delicious. Unagi, anago, oishii!

Actually no, they aren't even related. They have the same shape, but that's it. Eels are predators, that's why they taste good. On the other hand... lampreys are blood suckers or they don't eat at all. I don't really know how that works... anyway, lampreys look horrible with that suction mouth

How about something mundane like the breakfast Tyrion ate on the Shy Maid - honeyed brown biscuits with bacon? Sounds great to me.

One vegetarian food they ate is roasted onions and this is really good.

I checked the cookbook out of the library and after reading it, decided not to buy it and add it to my collection.

Americans and Europeans eat veal all the time and thats baby cow. No need to wish a catastrophic event on a people because of what they eat....unless there cannibals then burn em all.

veal is evil. It's a horrible life for the cute baby cows. My cousin runs a cattle ranch here in northern California and I regularly go visit the cows (just watch out for mom!). I prefer my meat to get to grow up on a nice sunny farm hanging out with its little meat friends :) happy meat taste better!

I do think the fermented eggs are nasty but I agree that wishing the people harm for eating them is wrong. People in India probably think Americans and other beef eaters are evil since the cow is sacred in Hinduism, does that mean we should all die? I try not to judge other cultures based on what they eat (except cannibalism). I can't eat the eggs, but I don't think those that do are evil or that harm should come to them.

A Frey Pie baked by Hot Pie. He HAS to do it! want to see him again

wouldn't a Bolton pie baked by Hot Pie be more fitting, Bolton kept him as a prisoner in Harrenhall. Freys mean nothing to him.

I do hope Hot Pie ends up working in Manderly's kitchens though... that would be great.

Hot Pie has a pie shop!

Does his business but I notice something weird.

Lately all the neighboring Frey's have disappeared!

Have to hand it to him --

Wot I calls, "enterprise"!

Poppin' Walders into pies!

Wouldn't do in my shop!

Just the thought of it's enough to make you sick!

And I'm tellin' you, them Frey's is pretty quick...!

A Frey Pie baked by Hot Pie. He HAS to do it! want to see him again

Now this must happen before ASOIAF is over, otherwise it wont' be complete.

"The fat lord scared the boy. Most everything scared him, but the fat lord most of all. It was not his girth, though, nor his station, but the gleam in his eye. When he walked into the Inn, the boy knew that nothing would ever be the same.

'YOU' the fat lord bellowed at the boy. The boy quaked and could not answerd.

'YOU ARE THE BAKER? THE ONE SPOKE OF BY THE LADY OF WINTERFELL!?'

The boy could only nod. He felt his breeches dampen.

'I HAVE A TASK FOR YOU BOY. I HAVE MANY ENEMIES AND THE NORTH REMEMBERS. BUT MY PLAN WILL NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT...THE GREATEST, LARGEST, MOST DELICIOUS PIE EVER CREATED.'

The boy's fear melted away as his eyes widened and realization dawned.

This. This is why I am here. This is why I was born. My cause. My triumph. It has come."

Cows are ugly. I give zero shits about cows. My argument was fully based on baby ducks cuteness, OH! and that peep sound they make. So. Goddamned. Cute.

how can you say cows are ugly, have you ever seen a calf? They're stupidly cute! All gangly legs and nobby knees. So cute!

how can you say cows are ugly, have you ever seen a calf? They're stupidly cute! All gangly legs and nobby knees. So cute!

Agreed calfs are very cute but to each his own, some people consider snakes cute idk about that, interesting not cute. Ehh whatever everyones got their own ways of defining cute.

wouldn't a Bolton pie baked by Hot Pie be more fitting, Bolton kept him as a prisoner in Harrenhall. Freys mean nothing to him.

I do hope Hot Pie ends up working in Manderly's kitchens though... that would be great.

I think Bolton should be more of a pot pie. It sounds better. Bolton pot pie. Skin for the top layer and filled with dismemberments - no pulled or cut meat.

Agreed calfs are very cute but to each his own, some people consider snakes cute idk about that, interesting not cute. Ehh whatever everyones got their own ways of defining cute.

I think pretty much all babies are cute, except birds. Baby birds are creepy as all hell until they get feathers.

I understand not thinking a grown cow would be cute, but calves are just plain adorable.

Archived