World of Ice and Fire App & Loras' fate

Rooseman

So, I've been browsing through this thread:

And there was a discussion about the Loras article, which says in an unambiguous way that what we heard about him in AFFC/ADWD is in fact what happened. Not "It is said, that..." or something like this.

Now, is this to be taken as an official confirmation, or was it just a mistake?

Well, from the start I've been a bit perplexed at why people were considering Loras's fate to be anything other than what was stated in the text.

It's because we don't see it happen, and there are innumerable instances of information being distorted or inverted in transit, or false information being deliberately propogated, or imposters.

Examples:

-Davos' death

-The Pink Letter (likely)

-The Sack of Winterfell

-Various versions of the Red Wedding

-Fake Arya

-Littlefinger and the dagger

-Renly's "ghost"

-Bran and Rickon's death

All kinds of people believe all kinds of things that aren't true. Remember:

A) Cersei's source is Aurane Waters. A trustworthy fellow if there ever was one.

B) We never hear his full recounting to Cersei, only her recouting to Margaery, whom she has an interest in emotionally torturing and abusing.

I'm not saying it didn't happen. Just that, oh, look, a grain of salt, I'll take that, please.

There are spoilers in it but not beyond the books you've read. So if I haven't read sos the app would say rob is alive. I think something is up because of the SEPTA's talking when ushering cersei to confess to high septon. They have to know that cesei 'knows' what happened to Lora's but one septa starts talking about him and is silenced, almost like the info they have differs from what cersei has.

There are spoilers in it but not beyond the books you've read. So if I haven't read sos the app would say rob is alive. I think something is up because of the SEPTA's talking when ushering cersei to confess to high septon. They have to know that cesei 'knows' what happened to Lora's but one septa starts talking about him and is silenced, almost like the info they have differs from what cersei has.

That argument was brought up in the thread, but it doesn't work.

All the information are written in a way that if something's meant to be a confirmation, they don't leave it ambiguous. "Loras was gravely injured and is currently dying."

But if something's to be taken with a grain of salt, then they use "It seems as..." or "He claims, that..."

They do that with Faegon being Aegon, with the Hound being dead, with Jon being Ned's bastard... But not in this case.

If what we heard about Loras isn't 100% true, then they should have used the same wording. "King's Landing recieves word, that Loras did this and that..." which is not a spoiler. But plainly stating these things in his Bio as facts has to be interpreted as a confirmation of the events. If it wasn't just a mistake that slipped in.

That argument was brought up in the thread, but it doesn't work.

All the information are written in a way that if something's meant to be a confirmation, they don't leave it ambiguous. "Loras was gravely injured and is currently dying."

But if something's to be taken with a grain of salt, then they use "It seems as..." or "He claims, that..."

They do that with Faegon being Aegon, with the Hound being dead, with Jon being Ned's bastard... But not in this case.

If what we heard about Loras isn't 100% true, then they should have used the same wording. "King's Landing recieves word, that Loras did this and that..." which is not a spoiler. But plainly stating these things in his Bio as facts has to be interpreted as a confirmation of the events. If it wasn't just a mistake that slipped in.

It just seems grrm is purposefully creating a conflict in our belief specific to loras. If a person is really dead why not leave it at that? Why would a septa need to inform cersei about Loras if everyone knows he is dead? And she couldn't finish her sentence. I don't have feast with me right now but I'll try to find the verbiage to see how it matches your theory.

I think Loras plays a big part in the song to come.I believe he will help defend against others.

Wasn't rheagar at D's when he found some things tovhangrd his life?

That the whole thing about Loras being gravely injured is at least partly false, was pretty much a given for me. That's why I created the thread, because the wording in the app is either a mistake, or it disproves that theory.

I was hoping for Ran to step in and say "Oops, yeah that wasn't meant to definitely confirm Loras' bad condition" ;)

Could someone who owns the app look up the exact wording? Maybe it got changed in the meantime, I don't know, the thread is already more than half a year old. Unfortunately I can't buy it myself until it gets releast for non-US android users.

Archived