In Season 2, Jaime says to Brienne

Theon Godjoy

"There are maybe 3 men in the Kingdom who can take me. You're not one of them."

What three men do you think he's referring to? Selmy, The Mountain, The Hound, Loras Tyrell, who else?

Isn't this technically supposed to be in the TV show forums? o.o

Maybe barristan but he wasn't in the 7K during this time...and he's pretty old but a phenomenal fighter

I don't know if Jaime knows that Barristan isn't part of the Kingsguard anymore. I forget how this works chronologically, but maybe Jaime had been captured by that time, or maybe a raven hadn't gotten to him yet.

"There are maybe 3 men in the Kingdom who can take me. You're not one of them."

What three men do you think he's referring to? Selmy, The Mountain, The Hound, Loras Tyrell, who else?

Well even though this should be in the TV show forum, i think it applies because i recall Jaime saying something like this in the books.

Most likely Barristan, The Mountain, the third is a mystery cant think of any that fit. Maybe The Blackfish?

In the television show even Ned and Brienne seem to be able to fight him at about an equal level so who knows. In the book he mentions 4 or 5 guys who would pose a challenge.

Brienne fought him when he was using his left hand mainly and the one time she didnt he was emasculated and Ned did fight evenly with him in the books but starts to give a little because of old age before he gets stabbed by that asshole guardsmen. I laughed when Jaime killed him for it then cryed afterwards when Ned is holding Jory.

God that was an emotional chapter.

Archived