Rhaegar + Elia + Lyanna = love triangle

So I've been thinking about something lately...

Rhaegar was already married to Elia Martell when he first met Lyanna Stark, right? If anyone recalls reading about the Harrenhal tourney during the year of the False Spring, Rhaegar named Lyanna the Queen of Love and Beauty. I was thinking about this recently and it raised a few questions for me...

Was Elia jealous of Lyanna for winning Rhaegar's affection?

Did Rhaegar regret marrying Elia when he met Lyanna?

Was Elia angry at Rhaegar for running away with Elia during Robert's Rebellion instead of defending her and their children?

How did Lyanna feel about Rhaegar staying married to Elia?

Was Lyanna jealous of Elia for being the future Queen of Westeros?

I sincerely hope GRRM gives us the full love-triangle story before the end of the series, or at least in the companion guide, "The World of Ice and Fire".

Was Elia jealous of Lyanna for winning Rhaegar's affection?

maybe, or maybe she was just upset for the situation he created. I doubt she was ok with it though.

Did Rhaegar regret marrying Elia when he met Lyanna?

He never loved Elia, so he probably was just resigned to his planned life

Was Elia angry at Rhaegar for running away with Elia during Robert's Rebellion instead of defending her and their children?

Probably. That was a reckless move and out of character for him. She must have thought he lost his mind and maybe was quite humiliated over the whole thing

How did Lyanna feel about Rhaegar staying married to Elia?

well, he had no choice, it's not like he could divorce. either she was wild enough and didn't care and went after the guy or she had second thoughts and had to be persuaded/kidnapped

Was Lyanna jealous of Elia for being the future Queen of Westeros?

no idea

we barely know anything that happened that time much less the dead characters POVs about it

• 8 months later...

Elia wasn't happy with it ,because if she was Aerys would not had to brow beat Lewyn Martell and Dorne to supporting him in Robert's Rebellion.

Since when do the men of this series ask the women for their opinion?

Elia probably wasn't happy with it, but that has nothing to do with Lewyn and Dorne. If she was fine with it, but they were unhappy on her behalf everything still goes down the same way.

Archived