Lightbringer theory

I think Maester Tarly was onto it when he brought up the title...But I think it helps the argument that Jon and Dani fall in love and I agree with the theory that Dani will sacrifice herself at the end. GRRM has already said the end will be bittersweet, AND he has admitted he is a romantic at heart...Plus, it kind of fits with the Targ incest...they're the same age...He has the Stark features of the North (Ice) and she has the Targ features (Fire).

I also agree that it doesn't have to be a sword, and what would be more of a light bringer than dragons?

Plus, Jon and Dani have super similar story lines in that they both are big time nobility but have had really bad childhoods that were undeserving, yet came out still with good hearts.

The more I think about it, the more I dislike the theory that it is not an actual sword.

Anyhow, since Measter Aemon clearly knows about it, and the properties it is suppose to posses it seems pretty clear that it will be a sword.

Maester Aemon would know the story about Lightbringer, just like most Maester's would...Maester Luwin knows the story about about Simeon Stareyes when he recants it to Bran...that doesn't mean that Maester's believe they're true (as most Maester's are really against magicical theories and stories that can't be proven scientifically).

Plus, Maester Aemon simply is showing his skepticism of Stannis and Mel since they are boasting that Stannis' sword is glowing red, yet blind Maester Aemon notices that if a sword is supposed to glowing red it's odd that it gives off no heat.

I think Maester Tarly was onto it when he brought up the title...But I think it helps the argument that Jon and Dani fall in love and I agree with the theory that Dani will sacrifice herself at the end. GRRM has already said the end will be bittersweet, AND he has admitted he is a romantic at heart...Plus, it kind of fits with the Targ incest...they're the same age...He has the Stark features of the North (Ice) and she has the Targ features (Fire).

I also agree that it doesn't have to be a sword, and what would be more of a light bringer than dragons?

Plus, Jon and Dani have super similar story lines in that they both are big time nobility but have had really bad childhoods that were undeserving, yet came out still with good hearts.

Could something possibly be more of a Lightbringer than Dragons? Possibly something called Dawn?

Could Dawn bring the end of the Night the Never Ends as all nights are ended by the arrival of Dawn?

Ned's sword Ice was re-forged into two separate swords Oathkeeper (given to Jamie by Tywin, then to Brienne by Jamie) and Widows Wail (given to Joffrey by Tywin, then inherited by Tommen)

Given the name of this series (A Song of Ice and Fire), I think that Lightbringer will be "reborn" when Oathkeeper and Widows Wail are re-forged into one sword

Thats if these two swords every see each other again. Which i seriously doubt.

you just made me your biggest follower.

Did you read my questions in the voice of Stewie Griffin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3j4n5Jm1Qg Like This?

Finally!! Someone who not only KNOWS what exactly is going to happen in the series, but actually SHARES that knowledge with the rest of us!!! Can you please go through all of the other mysteries and shed your "Light"

on those as well...Who needs to wait for the books to come out when we have your factual analysis paving the way!!!!

Ned's sword Ice was re-forged into two separate swords Oathkeeper (given to Jamie by Tywin, then to Brienne by Jamie) and Widows Wail (given to Joffrey by Tywin, then inherited by Tommen)

Given the name of this series (A Song of Ice and Fire), I think that Lightbringer will be "reborn" when Oathkeeper and Widows Wail are re-forged into one sword

Yes I have been saying this all along. Those characteristic red ripples that couldn't be removed just jumped out at me.

Like by nother poster commented before ...the sword has to be used to slay someone you deeply love for to be forged properly....At this point in the story ...the only person John Snow really truly loves is his little sister Araya

Maybe Jon gets a chance to fall in love with Dani and then ends up needing to kill her (with Dani knowing it and agreeing to the sacrifice?)...I feel like it would be a more epic final if Dani has to die at the end after everything she goes through than if Arya is killed.

Don't get me wrong, I think Arya is one of the COOLEST characters out there but I just don't think that would be as great of an ending...Plus, Jon doesn't love Arya in a romantic way so I think that also kind of weakens that kind of an ending.

so speaking along the lines of lightbringer not being an actual sword ... i cant recall who says it, maybe val, that magic is a sword without a hilt. so maybe lightbringer is actually the magic of rhollor? red sword = red magic. maybe jon has to embrace this magic to be reborn as azor ahai?

But that's still assuming that somehow the AA prophecy has to be tied in with R'Hollor...The prophecy's origin is from Asshai (where Mel is from)...Mel was sold as a slave to the red temple at an early age, became a priestess for R'Hollor, knows the prophecy, and then applies it to Stannis...That's the only tie though to the R'Hollor.

But that's still assuming that somehow the AA prophecy has to be tied in with R'Hollor...The prophecy's origin is from Asshai (where Mel is from)...Mel was sold as a slave to the red temple at an early age, became a priestess for R'Hollor, knows the prophecy, and then applies it to Stannis...That's the only tie though to the R'Hollor.

from the wiki:

"R'hllor, the god of light, heat, and life, and R'hllor's antithesis the Great Other, the god of ice and death.[2] They are locked in an eternal struggle over the fate of the world; a struggle that, according the ancient prophecies from the books of Asshai, will only end when Azor Ahai, the messianic figure, returns wielding a flaming sword called Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and raises dragons from stone"

azor ahai is strictly related to r'hllor. i don't think azor ahai is ever spoken of outside the context or worshiping the red god. feel free to correct me if im wrong.

• 1 month later...

Huh. If the brown-haired septa with Connington is Ashara Dayne, she might have Dawn with her. That could be interesting.

Complaining -- I am tired of prophecies and dreams. How is all this going to wrap up?

The original story of in the forming of lightbringer was that Azor Asai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew before hand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer.

Beric Dondarrion was dead but he had the ability to bring back someone by sacrificing himself for that person. He brought back Lady Stonehart. Lady Stonehart should have that same ability since she was dead. She will bring back the sword Lightbringer back to life by sacrificing her own life. Lightbringer doesn't need to be reforged, just reignited. Life for a life. The new Azor Asai will drive the sword into Lady Stonehart's heart and reignite the fire. Note: her name is stone-hart, a wet stone for a heart. Poetic no?

Archived