Cool Twists You Hope Happen by the End of the Story

:agree: We spend so much time talking about the prophecy it would be awesome if it was nothing more than a myth. I think I've read somewhere that GRRM is a non-theist so it could happen.

What does that have to do with anything? Tolkien was a monotheist, dedicated Christian, yet wrote a world with many gods and an elaborate creation myth that completely contradicted the Bible.

I doubt GRRM believes in magic and dragons either, he still writes about them.

Jon is the son of Rhaegar but noone find out and it doesnt matter.

alternatively when it is announced, Dany goes berserk and attacks Jon as a usurper.

Yes :D

It's absolutely ridiculous to think Dany would believe Jon

The way I see it, Jon needs someone to guide him to his kingship. Arthur Dayne would make a great advisor

Did Arthur Dayne also advise Rhaegar to kidnap Lyanna Stark and start a civil war?

When has his intelligence ever been mentioned? Numerous quotes about his swordsmanship but intelligence not so much.

Arthur Dayne being alive is a terrible idea anyway. I'm sure Ned would have realised if the man he killed wasn't actually dead

Yes :D

It's absolutely ridiculous to think Dany would believe Jon

Did Arthur Dayne also advise Rhaegar to kidnap Lyanna Stark and start a civil war?

When has his intelligence ever been mentioned? Numerous quotes about his swordsmanship but intelligence not so much.

Arthur Dayne being alive is a terrible idea anyway. I'm sure Ned would have realised if the man he killed wasn't actually dead

How do we know he killed him. The theory was that Howland somehow got Arthur and Ned to stop fighting long enough to see Lyanna's child. Then after Ned promises Lyanna to take care of Jon and not tell Robert, Arthur has no reason to kill Ned and he goes to the Neck to hide and secretly watch over Jon.

How do we know he killed him. The theory was that Howland somehow got Arthur and Ned to stop fighting long enough to see Lyanna's child. Then after Ned promises Lyanna to take care of Jon and not tell Robert, Arthur has no reason to kill Ned and he goes to the Neck to hide and secretly watch over Jon.

That has got to be the most far fetched idea I have ever heard :shocked:

Part of me believes the Others will never be defeated, nor the seasons restored to order. But I think a good twist would be Bran looking in the future and seeing the White Walkers again.

By this, I mean that Westeros thinks they defeated the Others and over the centuries the Others become a myth again. So basically, the Others storyline never ends.

Part of me believes the Others will never be defeated, nor the seasons restored to order. But I think a good twist would be Bran looking in the future and seeing the White Walkers again.

By this, I mean that Westeros thinks they defeated the Others and over the centuries the Others become a myth again. So basically, the Others storyline never ends.

The Battlestar Gallactica ending!

This has been my view too,It isn't a very popular opinion though.

Littlefinger invokes a revolution in Westeros akin to the French one that ends with all Lords being killed and those that comply with Baelish are given positions of power in the new regime with Petyr at the top and everyone below him. All Lord Paramounts go bye-bye and the Seven Kingdoms become a massive Republic of cruelty akin to the Soviet Union.

Ergo: Everybody who has an inkling of good dies and everyone who is horrible, evil, and mean lives and dies happily when they're very old and very rich and surrounded by their loved ones< if they have any.

Rather than the enemies of all men, the Others were simply the forces the Starks once used to assert themselves over the COTF and the First Men (much like the dragons used by Aegon to win Seven Kingdoms), and it's only the passage of time that has turned the story of the White Walkers into a generic humanity vs genocidal monster theory. It would explain the moniker "Kings of Winter".

Such a relationship to the Starks could also explain why, from a literary perspective, the Others have not been developed as a faction 5 books into the series. Simply, because they're already an intrinsic part of an already existing faction in the storyline.

The Battlestar Gallactica ending!

I heard that was a good show. Never seen it though.

This has been my view too,It isn't a very popular opinion though.

That's odd. I though this would be a popular theory on here. It fits in with the bittersweet of it all.

I heard that was a good show. Never seen it though.

That's odd. I though this would be a popular theory on here. It fits in with the bittersweet of it all.

Battlestar is awesome,You should watch it.

I don't get it either.

Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna.

Arthur Dayne died.

Varys is Varys, Aegon is Aegon.

Jaime, Cersei, and Tyrion are Lannisters.

Jon Snow is Ned Stark's bastard.

Darkstar is a Dayne.

Septa Lemore is a Septa that goes by the name Lemore.

Except that all sorta goes against everything Arthur Dayne apparently stood for - a man who held his honor above all, who'd never run and hide.

The even bigger thing is that the whole world (and various POV characters) mention Dayne as deceased, and I highly doubt that prominent of a character wouldn't have noticed to have been missing when the bodies were accounted for.

It seems like anything R.R. does with Rickon at this point will be a twist... Same with Jon's parentage.

My hope for a twist would be Robb/Jeyne having little Eddard Stark somewhere in hiding.

SweetRobin living seems like a twist at this point.

This is tough b/c any forum reader won't see anything as a twist b/c they already read it from one of our crackpots :)

Archived