What will Dany do when she finds out about Aegon?

Northernmonkey

There are so many factors and complexities surrounding Dany that it's hard to say how she would react to Aegon, in my thinking it really depends on what her situation is when she learns of it. To me her initial reaction would be a hopeful one seeing as she yearns to have a family and stronger ties to her Targaryen bloodline, though initial reactions rarely determine the true relationship in the end. So, I suppose anythings possible. My gut tells me that they won't be buddy buddy for very long (if ever) though.

I suspect she'll feel the extremes of two possibilities. On one hand, the joy of a real relative still being alive and trying to restore Targaryans to Westeros. On the otherhand, he might be a fake trying to take her throne by stealing her family's legacy. How will she know? Tyrion might suspect, but he doesn't have proof, and he isn't that trustworthy anyways.

Its that ambivalance that will send her to Weteros, but not as a follower or a beggar or a joiner. She will come to Westeros on her own terms bringing fire and blood. She will attack the Usurper dogs as well as Aegon.

Where are the Starks and Baratheons? The North? Alrighty then. Lets invade there. During Winter.

Little problem with that: Aegon is the boss. He is Rhaegar's son, he is the heir. He is in charge. Dany is... second. At best. And that's a bitter pill for her to swallow. I doubt she'll manage

You know I've always felt that the one with the dragons was the one in charge ;)

You know I've always felt that the one with the dragons was the one in charge ;)

And pretty much the entirety of Westeros disagrees. They'll go to King Aegon VI with anything, not to Glorified Broodmare Daenerys. That's if they marry. Otherwise, she wouldn't even be a glorified broodmare, but a trading stock to be sold to a likely ally on Aegon's whims.

And pretty much the entirety of Westeros disagrees. They'll go to King Aegon VI with anything, not to Glorified Broodmare Daenerys. That's if they marry. Otherwise, she wouldn't even be a glorified broodmare, but a trading stock to be sold to a likely ally on Aegon's whims.

Then I hope she dies fighting the Others and leaves the IT for Aegon and Jon to fight over. I cannot stand the idea that her ending would be playing second fiddle to a man, or after gaining her independence and asserting her own power she'd lose it to a man as well <_<

Eww, highly unlikely that this will ever happen. Dany will defeat Aegon.

Guys, tell me exactly where in the books do you see that Dany would fight off a relative of her?

She craved for a family she never had.

She was good and caring.Even to Viserys who was a moron and both lusted and envied her.

If she finds out that Aegon is alive and true, then I don't see why she would commit an open war against him.

Dany's proved to be a survivor, and her lessons were learned through experience and hardship. Aegon, on the other hand, was schooled and cultivated to be the leader he is now. I tend to favor Dany's abilities over Aegon's.

That being said, I think Dany will win if she wars against her nephew, but not without a high cost.

Guys, tell me exactly where in the books do you see that Dany would fight off a relative of her?

She was good and caring.Even to Viserys who was a moron and both lusted and envied her.

If she finds out that Aegon is alive and true, then I don't see why she would commit an open war against him.

If she believes him to be true. She still waits for a mummer's dragon to appear, a false dragon. Furthermore, that question will be influenced by what role she will play under King Aegon VI.

I completely agree. I've no idea why people think this.

Archived