any chance of a stark in dorne?

Wendell Cornelius

Oh. This isn't exactly what I thought the OP was asking. I read the question as is there any chance a Stark will end up in Dorne? In that case I would have answered that Arya seems to have the most associations with it right now. She named her wolf Nymeria, she has met Edric Dayne the Lord of Starfall and she seemed to like him and she look and acts the most like Lyanna who was last seen alive in Dorne. But do I think Lyanna is still alive and hiding in Dorne? No. No I don't. Not at all.

Just the switching of Dalla's babe and Gilly's that I can think of.

Forgot about that one.

Anyway, my point is, there has been minimal actual baby switching, so why people frequently come up with theories based around the idea that it is common in ASoIaF is strange.

The Starks belong in the North, they aren't going to end up in Dorne.

I suppose it is possible there are Stark bastards running around, Martin has said it would make sense that Brandon left a few behind. Although, I don't know

where they would be or when Brandon would have gotten there.

Look

If Ned and Cat had not died, Arya would probably have been married to Edrik Dayne.

There were only so many eligible bachelors. Certainly for the eldest girl ie Sansa they would be looking for a Great House or maybe a Nobe one.

Sansa - Married to Joffry, (house Barratheon - no other males), Willas or Loras (House Tyrell), Possibly Sam Tarly when a young (before going to the Watch, Dickon is too young), No one of sufficient status in the Riverlands, Ned and Cat would not have tolerated a Lannister, Only Theon of the Ironborn, Robin of Arryn too feeble. This pretty much leave Dorne, so Qyentin or Trystan (but it would be anticipated that Myrcella would get dibs on them first as they are high prestige). Edrik Dayne would be preferred by Ned, especially for the second daughter - ie Sansa would marry very highly ie Prince or elder son of a great Lors, Arya would marry a second son of a great Lord.

Archived