Tyrion's next big fat lie

MasterJack

Most of us will agree that A+J=T is really unlikely and borderline crackpot. But what if Tyrion uses it to get close to Dany?

A Lannister trying to hide behind Dany to get his revenge against the world after he just killed his nephew King and his Lord Father... Dany may be just a little girl she will never trust him.

A Bastard Targaryen who killed the usurper king and the one who commanded Elia/Aegon/Rhaenys's murder when he learned the truth about his lineage and how his "rightful queen" was gathering her fearless army might sound a little bit better to her ears.

"Hey what's up, I am your bastard brother, I just killed half of your big targets as a tribute. I will be your BloodRaven, would you be my Daeron II"

What do you think? If he intends to side with her, will he tell some kind of lie or will he tell her a romanced truth?

Tyrion is going to use the Vogorro's Whore line. "Tell her we are waiting, tell her to come soon"

This. Or he'll just say the truth: "I killed my father, the worst of the Usurper's dogs, I want to kill my sister and brother, and I have valuable information about the 7K, the different players, the Red Keep and a hidden cache of wildfire, some of which I already used to beat the Usurper's brother, being the resourceful and smart man that I am. So, can I join you?"

This. Or he'll just say the truth: "I killed my father, the worst of the Usurper's dogs, I want to kill my sister and brother, and I have valuable information about the 7K, the different players, the Red Keep and a hidden cache of wildfire, some of which I already used to beat the Usurper's brother, being the resourceful and smart man that I am. So, can I join you?"

With this he will only be used by them as a expendable tool... well he is used to :D

Nah,He's too proud of his Lannister heritage.

Tyrion is the son of Joanna Lannister, he will always be a Lannister even if he was sired by Martin McFly travelling trough time and space.

If Tyrion is not Tywin son he is still a Lannister.

Does Tyrion even have the slightest inkling of any of the pieces of evidence that fuel the A+J=T theory?

Because to suggest he'd ever use it, even in a duplicitious, cynical way to garner favour, he'd at least need to be aware of the possibility, and that never seems the case from his POVs.

Does Tyrion even have the slightest inkling of any of the pieces of evidence that fuel the A+J=T theory?

Because to suggest he'd ever use it, even in a duplicitious, cynical way to garner favour, he'd at least need to be aware of the possibility, and that never seems the case from his POVs.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think most of the evidence pointing to A+ J = T/ J+C comes from Jaime and Cersei chapters in AFFC. Maybe with some coroborating evidence from Barristan Selmy in ADWD. I'm not sure Tyrion is ever made aware of any of it.

But since his goal is to get Casterly Rock (to spite Tywin and the rest of his family), doesn't he actually weaken his claim if he proclaims to the world that he is Aerys bastard? He doesn't want to be Dany's Bloodraven, at least not permanently. He wants to join her in conquering Westeros, so that no one can dispute his claim to Casterly Rock, one that, according to lineage, he obviously has. If he now plays up the Targaryan angle (whether true or not), he has to count on Dany naming him Lord of the Westerlands AND the people accepting that (i.e. not trying to overthrow him at first chance) despite not being a trueborn Lannister (and not even Tywin's son). It's much better to stake his claim as the only non-Kingsguard son of Tywin, he can probably offer Dany enough that she will accept that.

It's not as though Tyrion is going to consider telling her he is a Targ. Why would he think he can get away with passing himself off as Targaryan?

But, if he's facing a dragon (like Quentyn) and if he's able to control it (unlike Quentyn) then everyone is going to start to wonder how. Barristan would help put the pieces together since he knows the things Aerys did.

Then... BLAM: secret Targ reveal. Dragon rider #2

Question... how does he know he's a Targ bastard. I can't see anyone being around to tell him the truth - apart from maybe Barristan Selmy.

Exactly. When he controls that dragon instead of getting incinerated, he's going to be as surprised as anyone else.

Archived