Do you know how to spell most asoiaf names?

Lady Winter Rose

I can spell the names except from the Slaver's Bay ones, of course, but I have some problems with pronunciation. For example, how is Quaithe pronounced? I am asking because I just cannot trust the Bulgarian translations, they're a nightmare. Jaime is written and pronounced as Jime (like 'time')....

I've never had problems with spelling, but I have big problems with pronouncing names in English. I'm from Finland so the way I'd normally pronounce most names would probably be so strange compared to the English pronounciation that you people wouldn't have a clue of whom I'm talking. In Finnish it's extremely easy to pronounce the names since letters are always pronounced the same way no matter what.

Is that the game for Xbox 360? I was considering getting that just for the story, but i heard the game was pretty bad.

It's not a great game, but I think the GOT RPG gets a bad rap. The engine and mechanics are clunky and the plot takes a little while to get going. Once you get past the early chapters, however, the story really takes off. The voice acting is variable - the major characters have great depictions, but tertiary characters are often very generic. You should check it out, since it should be available at a cheap price.

How long it took you to remember how to spell Cersei's name? Do you know how Tommen's wife's name is spelled? Do you know how to spell Stannis daughter's name?

I need some time to remember how some character's name are spelled, but I manage to learn. (Still have problems spelling Quburn's name (is that right?).)

What about you?

Yes.

I kept my Android text-to-voice engine on all the time while reading ASOIAF, so I do know how to spell each and every name.

With a mechanical and robotic voice. :-)

Archived