Theory: Joffrey is not dead

Only if Jaime and Cersei are also secretely hermaphrodites

To be fair, Cersei did a pretty good job of fucking herself in the last book.

As to the thread, even if identical twins were genetically identical - Jaime and Cersei are paternal twins. Any similarities they have (or any paternal twins) comes down to dominant genes and random luck. My own kids (paternal twins - boy and girl) look NOTHING alike, they are as different as different can be.

I'm a twin. A fraternal twin. An identical twin is the result of one egg splitting after fertilization. A fraternal twin is the result of two eggs being fertilized by two sperm during the same cycle. All issues of science and lack of foreshadowing aside, the entire theory balances on Cersei being able to hide a second child, from every midwife, servant...and Varys. Sorry sir, there's more crack than pot in your theory.

Genetics ? Are you actually arguing about genetics ? I would like to point out the biggest flaw in this theory: twins are usually born together (or else they would not be twins). And even Cersei would notice if two people had come out of her vagina instead of only one...

Genetics ? Are you actually arguing about genetics ? I would like to point out the biggest flaw in this theory: twins are ususlly born together (or else they would not be twins). And even Cersei would notice if two people had come out of her vagina instead of only one...

Yes, I mean, it's not like she has such a big vagina she doesn't even feel when there are two babies coming out of her... or is she?

There is one major fact people are forgetting. Jaime Lannister and Cersei Lannister are twins. They have the exact same DNA.

They are fraternal twins though.
What does it mean? Joffrey has a TWIN BROTHER.
Maybe a twin sister. Do Myrcella and Tommen have twins too?
Now, it's possible that Joffrey died and the twin survived. But how would that serve the plot? So most surely Joffrey is alive and well hiding somewhere. We all know Lannisters are cunning, so that's why they never told anyone.
Not all Lannisters are cunning. And why they need to hide Joffrey's twin?

One of the main factors that your theory lacks (and it lacks a few I'm afraid) is textual evidence or foreshadowing.

:agree:

Well, everybody is still cheering about the Purple Wedding. But were they cheering too soon? I say yes.

There is one major fact people are forgetting. Jaime Lannister and Cersei Lannister are twins. They have the exact same DNA.

So that means they can only produce children with the same DNA.

What does it mean? Joffrey has a TWIN BROTHER.

Now, it's possible that Joffrey died and the twin survived. But how would that serve the plot? So most surely Joffrey is alive and well hiding somewhere. We all know Lannisters are cunning, so that's why they never told anyone.

And also even when people suspected that he was the spawn of Cersei+Jaime, they wouldn't know he should have a twin, because in the middle ages people knew s#it about genetics.

Cersei and Jamie are feternal twins ....that means different DNA, the only way for twins to be identical is for them to be of the same gender.

To be fair, Cersei did a pretty good job of fucking herself in the last book.

As to the thread, even if identical twins were genetically identical - Jaime and Cersei are paternal twins. Any similarities they have (or any paternal twins) comes down to dominant genes and random luck. My own kids (paternal twins - boy and girl) look NOTHING alike, they are as different as different can be.

You mean FRAternal twins. No such thing as "paternal" twins. Paternal means related to a father.

The OP must have failed biology in a spectacular fashion.

But let's say, for giggles, Joffrey did have an identical twin, Joffrey would still be dead because he was fatally poisoned. His hypothetical identical twin would be a completely separate individual with his own unique identity.

Archived