Do the Crannogmen descend from the Children of the Forest?

On August 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM, I know I know said:

Well, we have characters where it's spelled out that they're a mix of human and CotF.

The tragic hermit lady of the BWB, Maggie the Frog, the cat-eyed woman who negotiated for Tyrions passage, some others. I think the Reeds are just a less extreme example. "Cat eyes" doesn't happen with all of the other hybrids. Short stature and swarthy hair/eyes and green dreams does.

It also seems that some talents, like greenseeing and skinchanging, are (as far as we can tell) unknown in Essos, and for that matter clearly increase in frequency among First Man families and lineages, like Starks and Wildings.

It also seems that humans and giants interbreed, likewise (apparently) not mentioned in Essos.

Humans mated with the Old Races in Westeros, and the more mixed they are, the more they're like the Old Race.

Don't forget certain wildlings and bears.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:02 PM, Eli Stark said:

Don't forget certain wildlings and bears.

And there are a lot of animal characteristics in the characters as well:

Bronn being very catlike, and he never seems to sleep, at least at night.

Fish-eyed Mandon Moore, and fish-like Tanda and Falyse Stokeworth.

Mormonts that look like bears.

I'm thinking it's possible that there was quite a bit of inter-species hanky-panky going on back in the day.

• 2 months later...

Some crannogmen also have the greensight, which is a trait more common in CotF. 

I think they could be descended from them. It was the first thing I thought seeing this picture of a crannogman in the book (X)

Archived