[BOOK SPOILERS] What will Bran be doing in Season 4?

Azor Ahoy!

I think there are significant issues with dramatizing that story. Firstly, it's really not screentime for Bran in any meaningful sense (he just gets told a story). More broadly, it's an extremely detailed story, and it relies a lot on backstory that the show hasn't provided in order to make any sense of it.

It would be hard if they quoted it verbatim, but they don't have to, and if past experience is any guide they surely won't. They can avoid confusion by replacing all the descriptors (like she-wolf, dragon prince, storm lord) with real names and omitting details that aren't important. I think a condensed and clarified version of the story could work just as well as Tyrion's tale of Tysha did.

It looks to me as if they are rapidly advancing the plot, which I long figured, especially considering they want to get this entire series done in eight seasons at the most, and possibly less than that.

Bran will be traveling north towards the cave. He'll have dreams talk a few times with Jojen and Meera and Hodor.

My bet is on him appearing only in the last episode.

I think the "various directors" issue is not to be taken as a pure fact.

Nah they could have him appear in Bran's dreams in his human form, instead of as a bird. I agree that they'll probably physically meet in the final episode and everyone will be like WTF? He's a tree!

It looks to me as if they are rapidly advancing the plot, which I long figured, especially considering they want to get this entire series done in eight seasons at the most, and possibly less than that.

Some places are going to advance faster than others, having Bran make it to the wall was a good idea, it would've been a big let down for him to journey from Winterfell all the way not even to the wall in a season.

so this season he should progress from the Wall to the cave.

It's not really that much of a "huge advance" of the plot. Remember that FFCs and DwDs are one book, and Bran has 3 chapters in that massive book after he gets to the wall.

Three point of view chapters but once Bran starts training with BR's there's a lot of things that they can do with ravens, and wolves and other peoples dreams. I mean Bran is a good third person character because of his abilities.

Archived