AAR Crackpot Theory

Audrey Arryn

Hi this is my second topic I have posted on this forum.

The AAR prophecy has been one of the topics of debates, on how, when, and where it will occur and also who is Azor Ahai Reborn.

I have a little pet theory I wanted to share with you all.

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

Also the part about being reborn amidst smoke and salt.

My crackpot is that Gerion Lannister is Azor Ahai Reborn

There will come a day after a long summer, I don't think this is a literal long summer, A day after a long summer,What comes to my mind is the land of Long Summer,so AAR must dwell there in some way, Gerion Lannister is believed to be there since his men abandoned him when he was sailing for the smoking sea.

When the star bleeds, I think this can be fulfilled at Valyria check this quote out.

A dull red glow lit the sky to the northeast,

the color of a blood bruise. Tyrion had never seen a bigger moon. Monstrous, swollen, it looked as if it

had swallowed the sun and woken with a fever. Its twin, floating on the sea beyond the ship, shimmered

red with every wave. “What hour is this?” he asked Moqorro. “That cannot be sunrise unless the east

has moved. Why is the sky red?”

“The sky is always red above Valyria, Hugor Hill.”

So the bleeding star is above Valyria, so if Gerion is there that condition can be met.

A cold breath of darkness I believe is the others.

So that condition is met.

In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes

I believe that Brightroar is Lightbringer. Look at the names Brightroar and Lightbringer.

Maester Aemon said the real Lightbringer radiated heat and glowed, and we also have to note most of the ancestral House swords names give a bit of their description, Like Long-claw, its long and has a claw at the end, Ice is dark and smoky, a little bit like ice, so I am assuming Brightroar would be bright and could radiate heat after being in Valyria soo long?

Also I think Brightroar could be red based on the sword Tywin made for Jaime and Joffrey, thus the red sword.

So I believe Gerion will find the sword in Valyria burning and it will be Lightbringer.

Also born amidst smoke and salt could be the smoking sea of valyria, as sea has salt and it is smoking.

I think Dany will meet him in Valyria and there might be a bit of romance :P

How can this affect the plot.

I know my theory is a bit farfetched, as it conflicts with most of the fan theories, like Jon, Dany, Stannis being AAR.

Also some people beleive in the theory that ARR is more than one person and everyone will play a role.

Why I think this will make good storytelling, is that it brings balance among the heroes AAR is someone else, and he doesnt necessarily need to lead the war against the others, just play his role in defeating the Great other.

Also among the remaining Lannisters we have in the book, I don't think anyone one of them can redeem the Lannister name, I think Gerion being AAR would be a perfect way to redeem the Lannister name.

I am open for criticism on my theory but try not to be too harsh :P

My first thought is that it would be abysmal writing to make AA a character we haven't yet seen and got to know in some way. I would feel pretty cheated as an audience if grrm did this, and I don't personally believe he would.

You've done good work to present a case and links, but it's not thaaaaaat difficult to do that with a plethora of other characters.

Very original though, and I enjoyed reading. :thumbsup:

My first thought is that it would be abysmal writing to make AA a character we haven't yet seen and got to know in some way. I would feel pretty cheated as an audience if grrm did this, and I don't personally believe he would.

You've done good work to present a case and links, but it's not thaaaaaat difficult to do that with a plethora of other characters.

Very original though, and I enjoyed reading. :thumbsup:

Thanks I appreciate for reading.

My original thought of the first AA, was that he lived in the western part of westeros thats why he captured a lion for his second try, and lions are known to be in the western hills.

Thats why I thought AAR will have something to do with the westerlands/Lannisters.

Theory is unlikely, but I think Valyria suits the environment for a new AAR.

However I wish there is no AAR in the story <_<

I have the feeling that the more we spend time in the forums, the more importance we give to the prophecies and stuff like that. I try to avoid that. I'm not saying they mean nothing, since they're very much there. But casual readers usually don't give a damn about prophecies.

Thanks I appreciate for reading.

My original thought of the first AA, was that he lived in the western part of westeros thats why he captured a lion for his second try, and lions are known to be in the western hills.

Thats why I thought AAR will have something to do with the westerlands/Lannisters.

The first long night predates House Lannister by quite a long time. (I don't know whether you're suggesting AA was a Lannister ?)

ETA no i dont think you were, sorry!

I have the feeling that the more we spend time in the forums, the more importance we give to the prophecies and stuff like that. I try to avoid that. I'm not saying they mean nothing, since they're very much there. But casual readers usually don't give a damn about prophecies.

The only prophecies I believe in the story are Bran/Jojen, HotU and Quathe, the rest were made 8000 or more years ago so they aren't original, and humans may have mistransalated it over the years.

I'm really hoping that AAR is more a myth than a true prophecy; a literary device that explains the motives and actions of a few key characters (primarily Mel and Stannis at this point) but will never come true. It would be comparable to the Christ myth in the real world, which motivated the entire organization of Europe and a good bit of the rest of the world for the last 2,000 years. Cathedrals, cities and countries have been built by 'defenders of the faith' while awaiting the Second Coming, which may never occur.

Yes, and I think that point is sharpened by the TV series, which gives no weight to the prophecies whatsoever. You don't even hear about Maggy the Frog or The Ghost of High Heart, the PTWP, the Three Heads of the Dragon, etc. And the story doesn't seem to suffer much by their absence either.

If the Smoking sea in Valyria is important, can't anyone see Victorian becoming the AAR? If he is own his way back to Westeros with Dany and Dies because of his hand or blowing the horn. Can anyone see Morrqo reviving Victorian on the Strait of the Smoking sea. This could be a possibility because if you look closer in Victorians chapters the Religion of R'Hollor is being highlighted quite often. Also another point is the crew don't tend to approve of it, however Victorian is starting to put more trust in it and making sacrifices etc. Yes it is a crackpot theory but something that GRRM might be doing just to throw us off!

Archived