Who would you recruit to be in your Kingsguard?

Lord Tobin

If you could select any 7 people from the 7 Kingdoms of Westeros and Essos? Who would you have serving and protecting your reign and why?

My 7 Kingsguards and reasons why theyd be in my Kingsguard

Brynden Tully (Blackfish)

Brynden_tully.jpg

Id grant Bryden Tully the position Commander of the Kingsguard. The reason behind this notion is hes an experienced swordsman, he would be an envoy to his nieces and nephew if I had ever need swords. I would trust his wisdom and judgement on any strategies or tactics if we were to ever use them. As oddly enough 6 of my other Kingsguard may or may not obey there Lord Commander due to their clashing personalities. Its a strong possibility they may even but heads with the Commander during meetings but hopefully never on the battlefield.

Ser Clegane Gregor (The Moutain)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://images5.fanpo...76-449.png[/img]

For shear brute strength being able to cut a horse head with one clean sweep that would earn a man like that in my Kingsguard. As read or seen in the books he has unquestionable loyalty to whoever he serves. Which would mean he would never question your orders and remain obedient. He also has no morals or code of ethics so I can utilize him to my needs.

Gerold Dayne (Darkstar)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://awoiaf.wester...koniel.jpg[/img]

The Knight of house Dayne, kin of Ser Arthur Dayne, not sure his reputation with a sword. Id selected him for no other reason but his household name and the fact he almost killed Cersei bastard daughter. In my book that makes him bold, if your going to attempt to risk an attack on the reagent of the 7 Kingdoms with no repercussions, you fear not even death.

Jaqen H'ghar

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i2.listal.com...00full.jpg[/img]

Qualified to be both a master of whispers and a Kingsguard utilizing his deadly stealthy techniques. He would be an asset to my kingsguard due to his shape-shifting and his guarantee to get a job done.

Lyn Corbray

%7Boption%7Dhttp://awoiaf.wester...ninja9.jpg[/img]

Notably known as one of the greatest swordsman in the 7 Kingdoms stated by Petry Baelish. One way keeping Lyn dutiful in protecting my rein is promising him to squire a handful of boys. As sickening as it sounds this would be the only way I could ensure my safety from Lyn renown temper.

Daario Naharis

%7Boption%7Dhttp://images1.wikia...rio-S3.jpg[/img]

For the fact he carries an Arakh this would bring a different fighting style. Recruiting him straightly out of the Stormcrows you can imagine the ties he would still have intact with his fellow sellswords comrades. Having a sellsword in my company would strengthen my relations with the Stormcrows any other allies to the Stormcrows if I should need them. Daario Naharis would be acting more of a diplomat then a Kingsguard regardless hes still an asset to sword play.

Victarion Greyjoy (Iron Captain)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://awoiaf.wester...reyjoy.jpg[/img]

Seeing that Victarion Greyjoy is a seasoned man in combat during the rebellion of Balon Greyjoy, he would be one of the few in my kingsguard to demonstrate leadership and duty. Not only is he a skilled warrior, he is the only man I could ever set out to lead my fleet if I shall ever request his service. If any illness should strike Bryden Tully or he was slayed in combat, Victarion would take his place as Commander of the Kingsguard.

So yah this lot would definitely help me secure my position on the throne and maybe even my heirs.

Apologies to the OP, but most of the people on that list would probably kill each other.

I already came to that realization; if I can find a way to keep each one of them happy and not killing each other, Ill make it happen. Exactly why I said Id grant Lyn Corbray a handful of squires to keep him in check. I made my pick for their strengths and talents though I'm aware of their egos. It would most definitely be entertaining in some altered universe to witness this lot working with one another haha.

The only people that I could see a strong defiance with working each other in is Gerold Darkstar and Lyn Corbray. As strange as it sounds I can vividly imagine a friendship blossoming between Bryden Tully and Victarion Greyjoy, Jaqen H'ghar would most likely prefer to work in solitude if he can avoid working with fellow Kingsguard. Daario Naharis seems like a jolly guy who could get along with almost anybody. Gregror Clegane is the only one that deeply concerns me. One word could literally cost you your life, if you so happen to choose to offend the Mountain. Its an unlikely scenario to happen which is why I don't think anyone would have the balls to attempt to bad mouth or kill Gregor unless they want to become eunuchs. With the one exception Jaqen but again I think there would be a mutual respect between Gregor and Jaqen for their difference in arts and killings. But then again I could be wrong lol.

Kingsguard

Gregor Clegane (Lord Commander)

Darkstar

Tickler

Ramsay Bolton

Vargo Hoat

Amory Lorch

Biter

Littlefinger - Hand of the King

Small Council

Rorge - Lord commander of the City's Watch

Qyburn - Grand Maester and Master of Whispers

Euron Greyjoy - Master of Laws

Victorian Greyjoy - Master of Ships

Xaro Xhoan Daxos - Master of Coin

Kingsguard

Gregory Clegange (Lord Commander)

Darkstar

Tickler

Ramsay Bolton

Vargo Hoat

Amory Lorch

Biter

Small Council

Qyburn - Grand Maestar and Mastar of Whispers

:shocked:

Kingsguard

Gregory Clegane (Lord Commander)

Darkstar

Tickler

Ramsay Bolton

Vargo Hoat

Amory Lorch

Biter

Small Council

You forget Greggor Clegane and LF in your small council

I chose to avoid the Kingslayer and Barristan the Bold because despite their skills their loyalty has been questionable.

I didn't pick any first-born or lords because becoming Kingsguard would not be as palatable for them. So Garlan and others I avoided.

I also decided to make sure every region (except the North and Iron Islands) were represented by a knight.

1.Lord-Commander Brynden "Blackfish" Tully. A war veteran and renowned warrior.

2. Ser Balon Swann.

3. Ser Loras Tyrell.

4. Ser Richard "the Slayer" Horpe.

5. Ser Robar "the Red" Royce.

6. Ser Archibald "The Big Man" Yronwood.

7. Ser Lyle "Strongboar" Crakehall

Kingsguard

Gregor Clegane (Lord Commander)

Darkstar

Tickler

Ramsay Bolton

Vargo Hoat

Amory Lorch

Biter

Small Council

Your Kingdom would fall apart within days lmao.

• 3 months later...

Ser Jaime Lannister- The Goldenhand

Ser Loras Tyrell- The Knight of Flowers

Ser Balon Swann- The Worthy (Jaime seems to think he's worthy and he lacks a nickname so eff it)

Ser Lyle Crakehall- The Strongboar

Ser Gerold Dayne- The Darkstar

Ser Brynden Tully- The Blackfish

Ser Barristan Selmy- The Bold

In an unrealistic world where some of these guys wouldn't be at each other's throats and would just get along... They'd make a fierce Kingsguard in my opinion.

Lord Commander - Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain

Ser Rafford, the Sweetling (he gets knighted)

Ser Hosteen Frey, Ser Stupid

Ser Clayton Suggs of Flea Bottom

Ser Shitmouth, the Shitmouth

Ser Shagwell, the Fool

Ser Walton, the Steelshanks

I mean seriously, with a Kingsguard containing such stupid people, who would even consider betraying me?

Small Council:

Hand of the King: Lord Roose Bolton

Master of Whisperers: Lord Lothar Frey, the Lame

Master of Laws: Lord Ramsay Bolton

Master of Ships: Lord Lucas Codd, the Left-Hand

Master of Coin: Lady Dusky woman

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Lord Commander Gregor Clegane, the Mountain

Lord Commander of the City Watch: Lord Commander Vargo Hoatl the Goat

Archived