Planetos or GRRth or ...?

Lord Puff Fish

• 2 weeks later...

Surely "water" would be more appropriate for ours and presumably theirs?

Not necessarily. I'm not sure if there's more water or land on Earth if counting the interior, but we are land dwellers. I disagree with the notion that the Children of the Forest mean just dirt, soil, or the element when they say 'earth.' I just plain disagree, no reason for so. Also, the Varys quote I mentioned makes it clear that they consider their world Earth.

GRRTH to me, is too close to girth. I can't get behind that. Planetos for some reason makes me think of Captain Planet, so yeah, sci-fi.

What about something like GRRMworld, or if we go off how planets were named after Roman (nee Greek) gods, why not Meraxes? (I picked Meraxes because it sounds like Axis, but I suppose Vhagar, Balerion or any other god in GRRMworld works)

Meraxes or Shiranus

Not necessarily. I'm not sure if there's more water or land on Earth if counting the interior, but we are land dwellers. I disagree with the notion that the Children of the Forest mean just dirt, soil, or the element when they say 'earth.' I just plain disagree, no reason for so. Also, the Varys quote I mentioned makes it clear that they consider their world Earth.

Even if the characters call their world Earth, we just can't use it, because comparing their world to ours would be a huge mess. I mean, There aren't dragons on Earth, but unlike on Earth, the Earth has nuclear weapons, right?

Here's a few more just to confuse the issue (in addition to those already mentioned):

Eartheros

Planeros

Worlderos

Globeros

Terras (apparently os is used for contents and as for larger bodies, pronounced ahs)

Planetas

Worlderas

Globeras

Middle GRRth

GRRtheros

GRRtheras

Isn't that kind of the point though? The book WoIaF is a world book about woiaf. It IS the world of ice and fire. The world book being called that helps the case for us calling it that.

Right, but when someone uses the initials, will we know whether they're talking about the book or the world. Though I suppose they're kind of the same thing, just not exactly.

Archived