Does Brienne even know how Sansa looks?

That Demon Monkey

I mean, has she ever seen her? I don't think so.

Don't think so, too. If Brienne did, she'll go to her, tell Sansa her promise to her momma, then off they go (not that easy though).

So she is looking for a fair maid of three and ten with auburn hair. Not exactly narrowed down.
... and highborn. There could be a lot of thirteen year old girls with auburn hair in the whole kingdom but not all are highborn. When asked by the Elder Brother what Brienne was up to, she told him she's looking for a highborn maid of thirteen with auburn hair and the good brother immediately thought of Sansa Stark even though she didn't tell him any name.

Don't think so, too. If Brienne did, she'll go to her, tell Sansa her promise to her momma, then off they go (not that easy though).

... and highborn. There could be a lot of thirteen year old girls with auburn hair in the whole kingdom but not all are highborn. When asked by the Elder Brother what Brienne was up to, she told him she's looking for a highborn maid of thirteen with auburn hair and the good brother immediately thought of Sansa Stark even though she didn't tell him any name.

Yeah, but Arya was highborn too. A little time on the road (where she assumed Sansa was) and everyone looks common.

I mean, has she ever seen her? I don't think so.

So she is looking for a fair maid of three and ten with auburn hair. Not exactly narrowed down.

No she does not know Sansa, but lets face it: Brienne is the only chance Sansa will ever have to become part of a love story, even if its only as the partial goal of Jaime & Brienne's love story (the quest is not complete unless they find Arya as well).

So I guess that's the only reason people are rooting for Jaime and Brienne to find Sansa before they reach Lady Stoneheart.

Not gonna lie, I was scratching my head about this too (and one of the reasons why I found Brienne's quest frustrating and why I facepalmed at Jaime for giving her this quest). Sure Sansa is described as looking like Cat (albeit more beautiful) but Brienne still had no clue what she looked like. However, Brienne was thankfully with Pod and Pod knows what Sansa looks like.

Problem remains: Jaime didn't send Pod with Brienne, the squire followed her on his own just to find Tyrion.

That was what I was essentially referring to. That it was a good thing that Pod followed Brienne to help her. And Pod wasn't looking for Tyrion.

Related question: I am a little fuzzy on exactly what Brienne plans to do with her once she finds her?

Not like she can take her back to her mother or her home?

Brienne was only trying to save Jaime's honor when she went after the Stark girls, before Stoneheart demanded his head Brienne was trying to prove Jaime wanted to do right by Arya and her sister.

Now she's just trying to prevent for Jaime to end up like Renly.

Brienne was only trying to save Jaime's honor when she went after the Stark girls, before Stoneheart demanded his head Brienne was trying to prove Jaime wanted to do right by Arya and her sister.

By doing what with Sansa exactly?

That was what I was essentially referring to. That it was a good thing that Pod followed Brienne to help her. And Pod wasn't looking for Tyrion.

Pretty sure Pod was looking for Tyrion.

By doing what with Sansa exactly?

The Stark girls are not even part of the equation since Lady Stoneheart: saving Jaime from the Wight where she couldn't save Renly from a shadow man is Brienne's only goal by now.

Now, I don't know how Brienne plans to do that, or if she's willing to kill Jaime before he suffers some Westerosi form of supernatural torture, but I do know the two of them are not going after any of the Stark sisters by now.

I think it's more likely that the Elder Brother thought immediately about Sansa because a certain gravedigging novice had mentioned her about 200 times while confessing his life story. ("The name was softly spoken", a curious detail for GRRM to mention.) He's not exactly in the thick of things on the QI.

People on the road, however, know who Sansa is because everyone is looking for her - the reward must be pretty high.

Yeah, but Arya was highborn too. A little time on the road (where she assumed Sansa was) and everyone looks common.

No, Arya looks, behaves and sounds lowborn because she never cared about manners and never wanted to be a 'lady'.

No she does not know Sansa, but lets face it: Brienne is the only chance Sansa will ever have to become part of a love story, even if its only as the partial goal of Jaime & Brienne's love story (the quest is not complete unless they find Arya as well).

An odd use of the phrase "let's face it". That's like saying "Let's face it, Jon Snow's mother is completely unimportant and his parentage is never going to be a plot point" despite 900 subtextual and textual clues that hint otherwise.

Archived