Birthing Dragons!

Aizen Snow

To quote myself

ven nowdays childbirth is dangerous just imagine how it was in medieval.

In the books died in chilbirth:

Dalla
Joanna Lannister- non Targ baby
Minisa Whent- non Targ baby
Tyana Wylde- non Targ baby
Maegelle Frey- non Targ baby
Jeyne Royce- non Targ baby
Mors Umber's wife- non Targ baby
Rhaella - Targ baby
Lyanna- Targ baby

so I don't think that is about Targs babies.

Womens IRW who have died in childbirth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_women_who_died_in_childbirth

No, it is not coincidental, but not in the way you suggest. All their mothers died for good reasons. Lyanna died so Jon could be raised by Ned, fulfilling archetype heroic figure, Dany's mother died so she would be left alone with Viserys, and Joanna's death set some things in motion, and was principal reason why Tywin hated Tyrion so much. It has nothing to do with dragons, for as we know, generations of Targaryen women gave birth to children. Some of them died, some survived. After all, this is medieval times we are talking about. Postpartum fevers were common due to lack of proper care... Many women died during deliveries, that doesn't mean they gave birth to dragons.

It serves a narrative purpose for their character arcs, but beyond that I don't think there's anything to it. Both Baelor Breakspear and Aegon V were actually seen as dragons in prophetic dreams, and neither of their mothers died in childbirth. And if you believe the theory that Rhaegar was the dragon that actually "hatched" at Summerhall, Rhaella didn't die birthing him either.

Archived