How would you sum up the noble houses personality wise?

Ice_Specter

What the title says. Basically how would you sum up the common personality traits, habits, motifs, etc among the family members. This includes some of the minor houses as well.

EDIT: You can use multiple words. And I am mainly referring to overarching and common traits. Not one word to describe them all.

Historically, from what we know...or within the framework of the novels?

Because they might be entirely different. I think Sweetrobin is a far cry from the Arryn legacy, for example. I think Rickon might be closer to the historical Starks than Ned was.

Interesting thread...just seeking more definition.

I wouldn't. Because Houses are actually made up of different people with different personalities and so, cannot be summed up in one word.

"Because Houses are actually made up of different people with different personalities" Well duh...

Notice I said common personality traits. Traits that all members seem to have. I don't deny different people but there are overarching traits

Also, I don't recall saying sum them up in one word.

The Kings of Winter were cold, hard, harsh, and unforgiving men. They were very different from Ned and the current Starks, excluding Rickon, The Starks are not historically known for being honorable, that's just a trait that Ned learnt from the Arryns.

What exactly has Rickon done to make him any different?

Elaborate on this?

The Kings of Winter were cold, hard, harsh, and unforgiving men. They were very different from Ned and the current Starks, excluding Rickon, The Starks are not historically known for being honorable, that's just a trait that Ned learnt from the Arryns.

“Then a long cruel winter fell,” said Ser Bartimus. “The White Knife froze hard, and even the firth

was icing up. The winds came howling from the north and drove them slavers inside to huddle round

their fires, and whilst they warmed themselves the new king come down on them. Brandon Stark this

was, Edrick Snowbeard’s great-grandson, him that men called Ice Eyes. He took the Wolf’s Den back,

stripped the slavers naked, and gave them to the slaves he’d found chained up in the dungeons. It’s said

they hung their entrails in the branches of the heart tree, as an offering to the gods. The old gods, not

these new ones from the south. Your Seven don’t know winter, and winter don’t know them.”

Just one example.

As to OP I would have to add that the Baratheons(the ones in the novels anyway) are more than a bit obsessive.

What about Arya and Jon?

Arya has the wolf blood like Lyanna, Rickon has it like Brandon. I see Jon as a young Ned. They look so much alike and have a similar temperment. Eddard was honourable, but, he was also described to have 'ice eyes'. when needed. His bannermen respected him and, rightfully, feared enough what would happen if they betrayed. Jon proved his Nedness with the execution of Slynt. But, a Stark of old would've tossed Marsh and co out to freeze to death. :D

Arya has the wolf blood like Lyanna, Rickon has it like Brandon. I see Jon as a young Ned. They look so much alike and have a similar temperment. Eddard was honourable, but, he was also described to have 'ice eyes'. when needed. His bannermen respected him and, rightfully, feared enough what would happen if they betrayed. Jon proved his Nedness with the execution of Slynt. But, a Stark of old would've tossed Marsh and co out to freeze to death. :D

This wolf blood could be described as willful, predator like, vengeful, etc

He was rather hot-blooded, something his younger brother described as coming from the wolfblood. - About Brandon Stark.

"Ah, Arya. You have a wildness in you, child. ‘The Wolf Blood’ My father used to call it. Lyanna had a touch of it, and my brother Brandon more than a touch. It brought them both to an early grave." - Ned talking to Arya.

And they link it to being hot-blooded. Something that does sum up Brandon Stark; fighter, lover, heir to Winterfell. And Lyanna, 'running away' with Rhaegar the one she loved. And Arya doing what she likes. I wouldn't describe Jon with it, he has a temper, but so does Ned. See him choke Littlefinger for saying Cat was in a brothel. Then look at Jon choke Thorne.

Easily excited or aroused: a hot-blooded youth.

Archived