US Politics: Top-Down Class Warfare?

The guy from the Vale

On the right there is a theory that ACA was just a trojan horse to destroy private health insurance and pave the way for single payer. But no one predicted how fast this death spiral would occur.

Uhmm Nixon came very close to enacting an almost identical plan, a Republican think tank provided the details and Mitt roled it out first on a state level. Now that what was originally the essential Republican plan is implemented nationally we get posts like the above? Seriously people need to regain their sanity.

Sorry -- I didn't take that into consideration.

Wouldn't that run the risk of you missing out on certain tax credits that are factored into your tax refund?

If you are single, no children and have an employer you take a single and one exemption your withholding will nearly equal your tax. People who file mainly 1040EZ the above method is doable. A person who is self-employed will have more difficulty.

There are refundable credits which is really the government giving you money after it zeros the tax. So there can be situtations where you will be leaving money on the table. I will state that can be a little more longer range view.

If health coverage will be more than 8% of your income than you can be exempted from the penalty.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say that debt doesn't really matter, I have a pet theory that part of why the American right hates US debt is that they feel deep down in their bones that it is wrong that someone (even if it's a global leader entity rather than a person) can get away with debt unscathed. It's not fair!

American Right hates debt, because currently US pays 250 bil per year just on interest. And that's only because the rates are historically low. If they were to increase to historical average the cost of debt servicing moght go hundreds of billions up.

Yeah when I cited a source showing the half billion number was probably an underestimate, where are these facts of yours? (and no making shit up, or citing talking points from Daily Kos aren't facts)

I provided a link to a government website with exact spending. You cited an opinion piece. If you're not trolling at this point then you're just intellectually bankrupt.

All I know is I am taking full advantage of it. I will use the hell out of my ACA before it collapses. There is no doubt in my mind it will collapse. The funding simply will not be there. If I were 28 and healthy I would pay the fine over 5-600 bucks a month on insurance I don't even use.

Can you please cite a source that shows you would need to pay $500-600 a month for insurance? Because that sounds like complete and utter bullshit to me.

Archived