'Bad' Starks?

dmo862000

Bad Starks? Impossible!

Ok, if I had to pick one over the 8000 years, then I'd go for Southron Sansa Tully.

I think you're on to something. She has only been bad to the North, what, with her selling-out her own pops and then tried to trick Robb into going to King's Landing so he could get arrested by the Lannisters. Not to mention that she went out of her way to comfort southron women during the Battle of the Blackwater, but was always mean and cold to her own sister. And now she's cuddled-up with the man responsible for her father's death. Damn shame!

Live fast, die young, bad [starks] do it well... :D

I think Ned might have been an outlier as far as "honourable" Starks go. The more we learn about the historical Starks, the less representative Ned appears to be of the Starks. It's Brandon and Lyanna who had the "wolf blood"--fierce and wild--not Ned.

The starks of old mostly seem to be not at all that nice, and I fear these novels are the story about how the Starks got their groove back.

Agreed. We might see...well, not bad Starks, but significantly less "honourable" ones, in terms of ruthlessness, mercilessness, etc. We seem to be seeing that already, as the Starks seem to be getting greyer and greyer as the books progress.

One King of Winter married the last Marsh-King's daughter after he conquered them. Seems the honourable thing to me...

Does it? Picture how the wife felt: An army of outsiders breaks into her land, kill her fellow countrymen trying to defend it, possibly sacks and pillage all the way in. The invaders probably kill close kin or friends to her in some important battle or series of skirmishes. Everything lost, her father surrenders and she's forced to leave her home and have sex with the man leading the conquerors for the rest of her life.

Gotta agree with juanml82 on this one. Marrying the daughter of your conquered foe is a dick move.

I have a few ancestor wish might be called bad by some. Nothing bad, just keep it rapped up - Might be same with Stark family...........

My generation is almost ok (some do not like me 65 year old lady on those forums :)

This generation of Stark are just the best, they see the family and world ending, but they do not give up!

No bad Stark now... ,...just some Stark enemys :)

Live fast, die young, bad [starks] do it well... :D

I think Ned might have been an outlier as far as "honourable" Starks go. The more we learn about the historical Starks, the less representative Ned appears to be of the Starks. It's Brandon and Lyanna who had the "wolf blood"--fierce and wild--not Ned.

Agreed. We might see...well, not bad Starks, but significantly less "honourable" ones, in terms of ruthlessness, mercilessness, etc. We seem to be seeing that already, as the Starks seem to be getting greyer and greyer as the books progress.

I think less honourable Starks will still be more honourable then most of the characters.What I go for is more cruel to their enemies.A simple beheading won't do it after all that happened.They must do something big something not horrible but something bloody.

I think less honourable Starks will still be more honourable then most of the characters.What I go for is more cruel to their enemies.A simple beheading won't do it after all that happened.They must do something big something not horrible but something bloody.

Something like Frey pie, you mean? :D

I imagine the truly nasty stuff will be done without their knowledge or approval. That way, we get the savour of bloody Stark-affiliated mercilessness without any of the (living) Starks having that kind of blood on their hands.

Or else Rickon returns, crowns himself Cannibal King in the North, and winds up making Ramsay look like Mr. Rogers. Who knows? :D

Archived