'Bad' Starks?

dmo862000

Okay so obviously the Starks are generally regarded as the best/ most honorable family. However it seems every family in Westeros, be it the worst or best regarded families, have at least a few exceptions to the rule. The Freys I believe have a couple nice members, the Lannisters have Kevan and Gerion who doesn't seem horrible, the Targaryens are a huge mixed bag throughout their history, the TRUE Baratheons might be an exception because noone comes to mind that is inherently evil but even some of them are grey characters. Even Roose's only trueborn son (I can't recall his name and he's dead by the start of the novels) came across as somewhat decent. What I am getting to is, however, is there anyone currently of the Starks or in the Stark line that was inherently bad? I know the Night King is possibly a Stark but that is unconfirmed.

The historical Starks were not known for honor; the Kings of Winter were hard, strong and cold men, according to Ned. Ned and his children are an exception, except Rickon and Arya (somewhat). Ned learned to be honorable because of Jon Arryn, and because of how horrified he was by what he saw during RR.

The night's king?

i question whether he was actually a stark, if old nan had been telling that story to any other child of a northern house, she would have said the nights king was from that house

Beron Stark (son of Bael the Bard) killed his own father, even if he was king beyond the wall, you have to question his morals if that is the only impression of them we get

The historical Starks were not known for honor; the Kings of Winter were hard, strong and cold men, according to Ned. Ned and his children are an exception, except Rickon and Arya (somewhat). Ned learned to be honorable because of Jon Arryn, and because of how horrified he was by what he saw during RR.

The Starks seemed to be quite merciless and ruthless but to suggest they had no honor as a standard trait of them (e.g. not respecting guest rights) is way over the top.

The Starks seemed to be quite merciless and ruthless but to suggest they had no honor as a standard trait of them (e.g. not respecting guest rights) is way over the top.

Of course they respected guest right, only the most vile and despicable people in Westeros defy guest rights. By honor, I meant that the Starks of old were not like Ned.

Archived