Robb and Greywind Statues

Buckthorn

Yeah, some ass will come along and smelt Greywinds head on Robb's body as a practical joke.

i seem to recall that a statue of Tywin is going to be erected somewhere ,that's where the real vandalism should be :p

to the Op , the king who stood will have a statue and one day he'll become a Stark legend ,whom mothers told their sons about :)

Not on topic but does it confuse/annoy people how the most recent lords are at the top, surely they'd have the oldest at the top and work their way down?

Each time a statue is built they push all current statues deeper so the most recent can have the nice staircase view.

Not on topic but does it confuse/annoy people how the most recent lords are at the top, surely they'd have the oldest at the top and work their way down?

not really , i don't think it has anything to do with status ,you simply fill the tank from the bottom and upwards chronologically :p

My question is what will he be remembered as? We have Brandon the Builder, Benjen the Bitter, Brandon the Shipwright, Rodrik the Wayward, Torrhen the King Who Knelt... will he be Robb the Young Wolf in the Stark future? Or will he be remembered by his treacherous murder and broken vow instead?

My question is what will he be remembered as? We have Brandon the Builder, Benjen the Bitter, Brandon the Shipwright, Rodrik the Wayward, Torrhen the King Who Knelt... will he be Robb the Young Wolf in the Stark future? Or will he be remembered by his treacherous murder and broken vow instead?

King Robb, the Young Wolf sounds good.

The Young Wolf most likely. Courageous, honest, a great general undefeated in the field, brought low by the vilest treachery.

Or maybe the King Who Rose.

Yes, Robb will have a statue. It might, however, be a poor likeness. When the raven arrives bearing news of Ned's execution, Luwin says "we shall have to find a stonecarver who knew his face well" and after the Sack of Winterfell I doubt there are any stonecarvers around who know what Robb looked like. A stonecarver who didn't know him might still be able to produce something passable with help from someone who did know him, but I can imagine Sansa or Jon coming to visit the crypts in the future, seeing Robb's statue, and commenting that he didn't look like that.

As in all historical references, how he'll be remembered depends on who writes the history. His detractors will call him the king who lost the north, while those who reverred him will call him the young wolf. To me he'll always be The Young Wolf.

Archived