Roberts Rebellion movie anyone?

BryndenTullys#1fan

I think an expanded Dunk and Egg series would be way more interesting than the rebellion. There is surprisingly little back story to the rebellion in a lot of ways, which would create much of the same plotting problems we saw in the SW prequels. We know where everything is going so there would be very little tension or drama other than answering some mysteries. Also the series could use Bran to look back in time at those events in the main series, which they have already laid the groundwork for several times in the series so we may see some of those events as early as next year.

YES! Split it into two parts. Let the film start out with the tragedy at Summerhall and Rhaegar's birth, deal with a bit of his youth, then show Ned's, Robert's, Lyanna's, Cersei's & Jaime's youth as everything leads up to the tournament at Harrenhal. End the movie after Jon raises his banner in rebellion after Aerys demands the heads of Eddard and Robert. The second part of the movie deals with the war in itself. The battle of Gulltown, the battle of Summerhall, the battle of Ashford, Battle of the Bells, the Battle of the Trident, the siege of Storm's End and the sacking of King's Landing, show it all. The only problem is that this movie would probably reveal who Jon's mother is, which might or might not be possible as it isn't entirely clear in the books as of A Dance With Dragons.

A Dance Of The Dragons movie would be even better, though, in my opinion. Could also do a Greyjoy Rebellion movie as a sequel to the Robert's Rebellion movie.

If it was a movie it would be a duo or trilogy…

If Duo:

Part 1: Tourney of Harrenhal, brandon dying, declaration of war

Part 2: All four leading battles to climax, battle of the trident, sacking of kings landing and then the tower of joy

If Trilogy:

Part 1: Events leading to harrenhal, harrenhal, howland reed intro, ends with brandon dying

Part 2: Declaration of war, first four battles of RR (meanwhile scenes of the mad kings madness), the begining of the battle of the trident with the last scenes of the movie being tywin at kings landings gates and Robert meeting reaghar on the trident…

Part 3: Trident finishes, sacking of kings landing, peace is declared, rob and ned fight, ned lifts the siege of storms end and then the ToJ.

New actors and actresses would be needed though

A movie series would be cool!

But i reckon, they could do something interesting…

Have a single movie on Aegon's conquest…

then separate the dance with dragons conflict (one movie again)

the separate again blackfrye rebellion a two part movie duo

then do the trilogy of Bobs rebellion (separate again)

and then do a single of the grey joy rebellion …

Then put them all in a box set of like the histories collection with the tv series and have like a massive chronological timeline !!!!

i would pay ridiculous sums of money for a box set like that !

and i would see every movie thousands of times at the movies!!

• 2 months later...

I think it would be so epic. A 3 film prequel would be enough, and will be a smash in the box office.

Though i read a lot of objections to such preqeul in threads similar to this one.A Lot of book readers want a dunk and egg movie or series. But lets face it. The book readers are maybe 10 % at most of the total game of thrones fan base, the other 90 % only watched the tv series who at least have some idea about Roberts rebellion and the mad king etc. So a RR movie (or series) will bring a lot more profit than D & E. Another objection is that they already know what will happen so whats the use of the movie. Which makes me wonder, didn't you already know what was going to happen when you watched the HBO TV series?

I think one 15 episode season (hour long episodes each) would be awesome for Roberts Rebellion. A lot of stuff happens, but breaking it into 2 seasons would be stupid, and making it one 10 episode season is too short also. I'd grab a bunch of younger actors to play people like Ned, Jaime, Cersei, etc.

The climax of the season would be the Battle of the Trident & Jaime killing Aerys.

The final scene should be the Tower of Joy incident. (if R + L = J is true AND if this prequel series comes after GoT wraps up)

I can only imagine the nerdgasms that would ensue.

Also keep Charles Dance as Tywin but give him a little more hair haha

I also however wouldn't want an Aegon conquest movie/series or Dance with Dragons or Dunk and Egg etc. because after a point execs would milk the entire franchise for every nickel and dime which really takes away the dignity of the universe.

MAYBE give us Roberts Rebellion but that should really be it.

It would be impossible to make a "Robert's Rebellion" movie or series, before the ending of ASOIAF is known, without major spoilers, and therefore they won't make it. If it was made without spoilers, it would probably be as frustratingly short on plot satisfaction as all of us are experiencing by reading the books.

So, no. IF there is an interim series, it would be from Dunk and Egg. They could make those stories pretty close to "as written" and include a few tidbits.

A big NO from me for an RR movie or series as an interim. In fact, a big NO from me on any interim movies or prequel series.

I like it. It would buy time that is very needed for GRRM to finish. It would be brilliant.

Well, I'm not an executive at HBO, but I'm fairly sure his contract doesn't include "allowance to buy time while the child actors outlive their contracts and become adults."

HBO has already filmed Brandon Stark's death scene. They were planning on doing a 'flashback' but had to cut it from the show. What's odd is that I can't find who was cast in the roles at all. I can't find any information at all, which to me is suspicious. They were open about the other re-casts and deleted scenes, like who was the original Dany & Catelyn, etc. for the pilot, but for this scene? nicks, nada, not a peep.

Here is the YouTube trailer that has a glimpse of that scene. Fast forward to about 1:52

http://youtu.be/5PxLidxnAE8

I only heard about the books from the show. As a former show-only fan I can tell you I had no idea who Dunk & Egg was, but I knew about Lyanna & Rhaegar. I think if HBO does a prequel they will look at that the same way. Dunk & Egg who? But the Mad King? Oh sure, everyone knows about him.

As for revealing Jon's parents, I believe I read somewhere that GRRM was planning on revealing that in book 6, so we would know before HBO would be forced to do a prequel, if it came to that.

It would to strictly fan fiction IMO, people don't like that neither does george.

I on the other hand am a huge supporter of fan fiction if it good enough and people have done their research. I tried to write a little about Roberts rebellion on these forums and I believe it was deleted.

George would have to write it in order for it to come out... Plus in the show multiple characters are put into one and their is no house Dayne or ToJ, so it wouldn't coincide with the show if they made it any bit accurate.

I can't remember I'm sorry. I believe it was in an interview either on YouTube or in an article. oh, oh, I think I remember. It was on YouTube. He said something about how he was surprised how quickly fans were able to guess the clues he left. He said by book 2 they figured it out. I think that was the interview but let me review it real quick to make sure. I will post the link if it's the correct one.

I just remember him saying "My readers are very eagle-eyed, they miss, they miss nothing.....blood bastards." :p

Archived