So, who's definitely gonna die in The Winds of Winter?

LooseyRoosey

Why do you want Sansa, Myrcella, Tommen and Jojen to die???!!!

The rest of the list I for the most part agree with, but the ones I mentioned seem like sweet kids. What is it about them that wish death upon them?

sansas story is becoming boring and kind of going no where and it doesnt look like she has any part to play in war to come.
i never actually like her character anyway she was always a weak link in stark family and her story line was always boring .

lannisters i want dead because i want lannisters to suffer a bit more and tywins line to end compeletly.
i want jojens dead to be epic and not like the crappy one in tv show ! i want him to die a heroes death and do something big for out heroes so they can win the war or atleast survive upcoming onslought.

sansas story is becoming boring and kind of going no where and it doesnt look like she has any part to play in war to come.
i never actually like her character anyway she was always a weak link in stark family and her story line was always boring .

lannisters i want dead because i want lannisters to suffer a bit more and tywins line to end compeletly.
i want jojens dead to be epic and not like the crappy one in tv show ! i want him to die a heroes death and do something big for out heroes so they can win the war or atleast survive upcoming onslought.

Yeah, i agree about Sansa. But keep this in mind: Weaklings can become major players, look at Samwell and Tyrion (Who is considered a weakling by his family, except Jaime, Kevan and Genna). Jojen likely died off-page. I can see Howland Reed go berserk when he hears about the dead of his only son. 

Fair explanations.....but I think Sansa's days of crying and being a naive bimbo are long over, and she's gonna pull some treacherous shit. Her story has been boring, but I think it's been more of a slow build. She has some wickedness beaten into her, and is just learning the game from one of the best. I expect big , ruthless things from Sansa.

Yeah, i agree about Sansa. But keep this in mind: Weaklings can become major players, look at Samwell and Tyrion (Who is considered a weakling by his family, except Jaime, Kevan and Genna). Jojen likely died off-page. I can see Howland Reed go berserk when he hears about the dead of his only son.

Howlan won't go berserk. Jojen knew what he was getting into and Howlan saw the importance in it. Just my opinion.

Perhaps you should look at it from the story perspective. Sansa is, right now, in that apprentice stage (just like Arya and Bran) and that does indicate that she has an important role to play. It is illogical for a writer to spend 25 chapters and development on a character who will do nothing in the end.There is no doubt in mind that Sansa will surprise you :)

Stannis's fate will be interesting We have so many visions regarding Stannis that we have no idea how they even work out. I have concluded that everything involving Mel is a red herring- but that leaves daenerys and the house of the undying, Jon and his dreams, and the whole brienne arc. If you add in Mel the whole thing is incoherent. I think she ment Jon but saw Stannis because she saw her hero.

Mace is also an interesting bet. One that I agree with- I think the Tyrells are going to go the way of the gardners- they will lose Loras to the mount- they will lose marg in the sacking of the city, they will lose willas and garlen to the grey joys. Mace will die in a fire of some sort (probably a battle like the field of fire) and end the house. A fitting end if you ask me.

80 - 100%: I'll be right on all of these... So f*cking dead.

Cersei

Selyse

Shireen

Pretty much all of the Night's watch

A bunch of Freys

UnGregor

Tommen

Myrcella

Lady Stoneheart

60 - 80%: Yeah, take a 1-1 bet on this... They're pretty dead.

Barristan

Jojen

Balon Swann

Meryn Trant

Ramsay

Stannis

Aeron

Jon Con

Hizdahr

40 - 60%: Totally could die, but I wouldn't bet on it

Theon

Asha

Victarion

Aegon the Fake

Brienne

Jaime

Viserion + Rhaegal

Doran

Bronn

Daario

Littlefinger

20 - 40%: Unlikely to die... But you never know.

Drogon

Daenerys

Euron

Sandor (Again)
Margaery

Jon Snow (Again)

Melisandre

Bran's crew (Except Bran himself)

Roose

Arya

0 - 20%: Safe... For now.

Bran

Sansa

Tyrion

Samwell

Varys

Davos

Literally NO IDEA:

Brienne

Podrick

Benjen

Bloodraven

Samwell and tyrion do look weaklings to their families but we as readers we know their strenght differently then their families and we know sansa didnt show what 
both samwell and tyrion showed us again and again...

i have been expecting her to kill queen, to kill joffery and many more ppl she coulda harmed hell i even thought she might kill little finger but i was dissappointed on many different places so lets see what happens...

Fair explanations.....but I think Sansa's days of crying and being a naive bimbo are long over, and she's gonna pull some treacherous shit. Her story has been boring, but I think it's been more of a slow build. She has some wickedness beaten into her, and is just learning the game from one of the best. I expect big , ruthless things from Sansa.

Perhaps you should look at it from the story perspective. Sansa is, right now, in that apprentice stage (just like Arya and Bran) and that does indicate that she has an important role to play. It is illogical for a writer to spend 25 chapters and development on a character who will do nothing in the end.There is no doubt in mind that Sansa will surprise you :)

trust me i have read almost all GRR Martins work, sometime he does spend alot on a particular plot or character to do nothing with it in the end, sometimes some characters or plots are their to provide us the view of the world in that particular area we see things happen around them but they themselves doing nothing much to effect the story in any big way...

i really really hope that all 3 of you are correct, that sansa might surprise us in a big way and nothing would make me happier but i really believe sansa could be one of those characters who show us how cruel the world is and how some ppl are made for  torture only. 

i have been waiting for this big sansa moment for a very long time even in show they showed us how sansa now has some courage in her yet ramsay totally totally destroyed her, hell even reek a totally broken person showed way more courage then her both in books and series but really i wish we see more from her that her story will develope into something we all been expecting but again i cant see her doing something major for the main event IF there is a main event or war...

If there is going to be a war to end the books i see Arya as a warrior, danny as a warrior hell even cersei as a warrior but somehow i dont see sansa doing anything for the war.. but well lets see afterall Lyanna caused such a HUGE change in westeros probably the world and she was a stark girl as well so you never know lets hope for the best :D 

Samwell and tyrion do look weaklings to their families but we as readers we know their strenght differently then their families and we know sansa didnt show what 
both samwell and tyrion showed us again and again...

i have been expecting her to kill queen, to kill joffery and many more ppl she coulda harmed hell i even thought she might kill little finger but i was dissappointed on many different places so lets see what happens...

trust me i have read almost all GRR Martins work, sometime he does spend alot on a particular plot or character to do nothing with it in the end, sometimes some characters or plots are their to provide us the view of the world in that particular area we see things happen around them but they themselves doing nothing much to effect the story in any big way...

i really really hope that all 3 of you are correct, that sansa might surprise us in a big way and nothing would make me happier but i really believe sansa could be one of those characters who show us how cruel the world is and how some ppl are made for  torture only. 

i have been waiting for this big sansa moment for a very long time even in show they showed us how sansa now has some courage in her yet ramsay totally totally destroyed her, hell even reek a totally broken person showed way more courage then her both in books and series but really i wish we see more from her that her story will develope into something we all been expecting but again i cant see her doing something major for the main event IF there is a main event or war...
If there is going to be a war to end the books i see Arya as a warrior, danny as a warrior hell even cersei as a warrior but somehow i dont see sansa doing anything for the war.. but well lets see afterall Lyanna caused such a HUGE change in westeros probably the world and she was a stark girl as well so you never know lets hope for the best :D

Did I miss something? How did Ramsey destroy Sansa? They haven't even met in the books....fuck what they did in the show.

Did I miss something? How did Ramsey destroy Sansa? They haven't even met in the books....fuck what they did in the show.

it was just general observation that even in SHOW sansa is pretty much the VICTIM of cruel world around her even though she gave us alot of hope that she might finally do something but still nothing.... it was just observation that sansa so far has been a weak link...

it was just general observation that even in SHOW sansa is pretty much the VICTIM of cruel world around her even though she gave us alot of hope that she might finally do something but still nothing.... it was just observation that sansa so far has been a weak link...

Oh for sure, she was a naive Princess...but she has shown a lot more resilience than you credit her for....and we are starting to see her , albeit slowly, develop some gamesmanship. I think she's well past the point of numb, and I suspect she will pull of some serious unStarkly wickedness. We shall see. He story does almost move as slowly as Dany T's though, I agree.

Oh for sure, she was a naive Princess...but she has shown a lot more resilience than you credit her for....and we are starting to see her , albeit slowly, develop some gamesmanship. I think she's well past the point of numb, and I suspect she will pull of some serious unStarkly wickedness. We shall see. He story does almost move as slowly as Dany T's though, I agree.

i believe the only thing sansa MIGHT just might, and only if we are lucky to get rid of a extremely boring story line, do is kill Little finger somehow... 

more then that she cant do much because time of politics is about to be over.... war is the only thing i am seeing in coming books...

i believe the only thing sansa MIGHT just might, and only if we are lucky to get rid of a extremely boring story line, do is kill Little finger somehow... 
more then that she cant do much because time of politics is about to be over.... war is the only thing i am seeing in coming books...

Really? I don't think the time for politics is over at all. Even if Dany T does get at the Iron Throne her entire Mereen story ( as boring as it has been) has shown that conquest isn't enough. Plus , not unlike her sister, Sansa has a lot of people she can fuck over , such as Theon, the Boltons, the Freys, the remaining Lannisters, SweetRobin and possibly Littlefinger. I think you will be surprised. Her character has been a slow build, but she has changed a lot and ready to pull some some wickedness of her own.

But, if you want her killed off, you want her killed off,I don't , but it's great reading others opinions and reasonings.

If the hooded man in Winterfell is not Theon's imagination and a real person who kills people to create chaos inside the castle, then I see Fat Walda making a tragic fall. Which may cause more problems between Roose and Ramsey especially if she is pregnant. 

And I wait (do not want or long for) for Sansa's death since her wolf died/killed.

Archived